Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Brownfields Conference « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tacoaficionado
Username: Tacoaficionado

Post Number: 17
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone attended the Brownfields Conference at Cobo? It has thus far been an interesting and comprehensive event. Especially considering the fact that it is entirely free. I am curious to know what others think and whether some sessions have been better than others.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 12634
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Taco,

Heya, welcome to the board...there are now three threads on this...if my count is correct!

Check through to see if we've already started a discussion on something to avoid redundancy...and work for the mods.

I had a good friend come in from Idaho for this, and although we had dinner at Sala Thai tonight...we didn't talk shop. She seemed pleased with her time here, though.

Cheers!

Detroitmaybe
Username: Detroitmaybe

Post Number: 115
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The conference is amazing and so educational, and I can't believe that it is FREE. I pity those that did not take advantage of the opportunity to learn more about common Development practices, and meet those who implement the policies affecting this region, seeing as how so many come to this forum to complain about the problem, and those in position to make decisions were all there and fairly open to any questions, comments, or constructive critism.

So far, the best events i've attended were the Downtown CEO roundtable with Dennis Archer, Dave Bing, Karmanos, Dace Gilbert, and George Jackson. Also the session about the layers of financing on the Book Cadillac with the Developer, Mr. Ferchill and the Michigan "Cool Cities" session discussing the future plans for Michigan.

This is exactly what Detroit needed...I hope that we can have more events like this.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.