Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Mr. Pink Pants the brawler « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1657
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What the hell...

Pink pants comment leads to early morning sidewalk fight in Ann Arbor

An Ann Arbor man suffered minor injuries in a fight with stranger who made a comment about his pink pants near downtown Friday morning, city police said. The 24-year-old man suffered scrapes on his face and leg.

The victim told police he was walking on the sidewalk in the area of State and Madison streets just before 4 a.m. and passed a stranger who called him "Mr. Pink Pants."

The victim said he placed the man in headlock but was thrown to the ground. He tried to get up and punch the man but missed and fell again.

Friends of both men then broke up the fight.

Officers spoke with the 22-year-old Whitmore Lake man who admitted making the comment. Neither person indicated they want to prosecute the other for assault, reports said.

http://blog.mlive.com/annarbor news/2008/04/pink_pants_commen t_leads_to_ea.html

Texorama
Username: Texorama

Post Number: 215
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seems a rather mild insult . . .

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 16
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess I won't be wearing my pink pants to Ann Arbor anymore!

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 203
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 1:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My friend wears pink sweats around Detroit and Royal Oak area, Hes a balding 50something with dreads. Hes got a matching pink stocking cap to boot. LOL. I saw the thread and had to check it out.

Mama_jackson
Username: Mama_jackson

Post Number: 343
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 8:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He must have been looking for a fight.......

I can just see him getting ready for the night out. "Yep, gonna wear my pink pants-gonna kick butt of anybody that says a word about them too! Guys wear pink shirts with lavender ties, so why not pink pants..."

(Message edited by mama_jackson on April 28, 2008)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.