Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Heating and Cooling facility raided « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 312
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A heating and cooling facility on Marlowe and Gratiot just got raided on a tip for having what is being reported as millions of dollars of copper piping and other scrapper paraphanalia.
Film at 11

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 6299
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quietly take it over, and arrest every scrapper that comes in trying to sell their stolen wares. Keep doing it until word gets out and they stop coming.

Jcole

Post Number: 313
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The more they close down these places where people can sell their wares, the better. I agree they need to get the scrappers gone, too, but if there's no place to sell it, that will help.

Downtownguy
Username: Downtownguy

Post Number: 134
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^A heating and cooling facility on Marlowe and Gratiot...

Gratiot is an east side street and Marlowe is on west side. Huh?

(Message edited by downtownguy on April 24, 2008)

Jcole

Post Number: 317
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just reporting what I heard on Channel 7. It's even on their website as Marlow and Gratiot near City Airport. They could mean Barlow, I guess.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7307
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that guy meant Barlow and Gratiot.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 1990
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Awwww, poor Heaney's got caught breaking the law.

People, this is one of those neighborhood independent businesses you love so much.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 6316
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, we should stop frequenting neighborhood independent businesses because this idiot was dealing in stolen copper.

What the hell sort of correlation are you trying to draw?

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 12552
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A false one...

...makes me think of my friend's statistical example, something like 80% of men get into car accidents in their lifetimes...and 70% of men eat red meat...so red meat obviously causes accidents, or you should at least watch out for men behind the wheel of cars without PETA stickers on 'em.

Although that one pickemup truck had People Eating Tasty Animals in the fine print of his...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.