Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Earth Week Electronics/ Medicine Drive « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

The_recycling_people
Username: The_recycling_people

Post Number: 76
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Recycle Here is keeping their doors open this week to gather Electronics and Old Medicine.

We have been and will be open from 4pm - 7pm this week (4/21 - 4/25) to collect all household electronics and old medicine.

We will also be collecting electronics and old medicine at our Creekside Recycling Location this Saturday (Chalmers@ Jefferson) from 10am - 2pm)

And there is the Holden center on Saturday from 9am - 3pm.

Last Saturday was a big day for Recycle Here! We had our busiest Saturday ever, with 314 participants at Rosedale Recycles and 489 participants at Holden for a 1 day total of 803 participants to our program.

Also, sometime during last saturday's collections, we passed the 1,000,000 pound mark in total recyclables collected by the Recycle Here program.

Great Work Detroit! We have a long way to go, but it is wonderful to see this grow.

Hope to see y'all this week.

the recycling people

(Message edited by the recycling people on April 24, 2008)

The_recycling_people
Username: The_recycling_people

Post Number: 77
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I said a MILLION Pounds. And no love.

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 57
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

<3 that's awesome, I'm going to try to stop by Saturday before work, I have a couple old dvd players and some broken stereo components wasting space in the basement

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.