Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » New Farmers Market on the Eastside, Community Survey « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rhertz
Username: Rhertz

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Growing & Retailing Opportunities in Wayne County (G.R.O.W.) is a USDA funded food security initiative working with its community partners to support new retail opportunities for urban farmers and gardeners on Detroit's Eastside and in Highland Park. The G.R.O.W. Project is organizing a farmers market on the Eastside this year, and is seeking community input in determining an appropriate location and schedule. We are conducting a community survey for this purpose. Eastside Detroit residents and organizational representatives are eligible and encouraged to participate.

Below is the link for G.R.O.W.'s Farmers Market Survey. The survey will close at 12pm on May 15th.

Click Here to take survey

Note: Only individuals who live or work on Detroit's Eastside are eligible to complete the survey. Eligible zip codes are listed in the online version of the survey.

Thank you for your input! Feel free to distribute widely and share with others; we would like to hear from as much of the Eastside community as possible. A hard copy of the survey is attached for those who prefer to print and submit.
application/pdfFarmers Market Survey - Hard Copy
FarmersMarketLocationSurvey.pdf (21.1 k)

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 1134
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad to see more interest in this.

Rhertz - could you write out the address for the link to the online survey so I can forward it to people without them having to go through detroityes? Thanks in advance.

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 371
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW! This is going to be great.

Rhertz

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Most certainly. The online version of the survey can be accessed here:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s. aspx?sm=DMPW5IZ2i43vy9Yr0JcuIQ _3d_3d

Please make sure to list your Eastside zip code (for home or work) initially, or the online version will consider you ineligible.

Best,
Ryan

Rhertz

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

By the way, if you live on the Eastside or in Highland Park, and are interested in learning more about growing food to sell locally, or helping in other ways to establish a farmers market on the Eastside, please contact me directly: ryan.b.hertz@gmail.com

Best,
Ryan

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 1135
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Ryan. I'll pass the survey on.

I will be sending you an email shortly. I'm involved in few groups that would love to hear more about the work you are doing.

Thanks again.

Rhertz

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds great. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.