Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Time to start Carpooling.... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitmaybe
Username: Detroitmaybe

Post Number: 90
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Today I rode past my local gas station and gas was a whopping $3.65/gal for regular...I just got gas yesterday at the same gas station and it was $3.55. Now, unless I missed something within the last 24hrs, gas has mysteriously increased at the pump... but, a barrell of oil is still $117.60, which was the same as it was yesterday.

Anyway, I know we are all suffering ...particularly those of us that got sucked into the whole SUV craze. So, as I started to research my transportation options...I came across some alternatives that may be very useful to us all and I figured I would share this information for those that do not want have to get a second job, or give blood every week just to afford these outrageous gas prices.

Local Rideshare Offices (LROs)
LROs provide matching services for those interested in carpooling or vanpooling for the work commute. The twelve LROs in Michigan are identified separately. If you are interested in finding others to carpool or vanpool with, please contact the agency closest to your work destination. Find a Local Rideshare Office near you. Questions or Comments: Contact: Jean Ruestman, Statewide Rideshare Coordinator, Michigan Department of Transportation Transportation Planning Services Division P.O. Box 30050 Lansing, MI 48909 (517) 373-6625; E-mail: ruestmanj@michigan.gov

For more info visit: Michivan.com or
http://www.michigan.gov/mdot/0 ,1607,7-151-9615_11228_11234-2 2206--,00.html
Top of pageBottom of page

Rid0617
Username: Rid0617

Post Number: 72
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

$3.31 here average. A few stations are still $3.28, they are few and far between. Diesel is $4.05

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.