Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Old Miami, its Dannys Birthday Saturday, the 19th « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 146
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I need some gift ideas, as well as let you know hes turning 60 on Sat April 19th and of course having a party, so bring gifts.

Yooper
Username: Yooper

Post Number: 136
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Happy birthday!

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 12673
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heh, yeah, it's in the calendar now.

Cannot believe it's been a year already since that last b-day bash...

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 7776
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's his birthday? Again? Already? You sure he doesn't just want a reason to toss back a few frosties??

Not that he needs one.

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 299
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im confused, I posted that last month. April he turned 60.

Dtowncitylover
Username: Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 106
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since i didnt want to start a new thread for a quick answer, here it goes...what is the age requirement for the old miami? my aunt is celebrating her b-day there in the back on saturday and would love to go, but not 21. Technically, I'm not inside the bar, but I know I am on bar property...can I still get in?

Gannon

Post Number: 12783
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DCL,

You can always enter a bar...you just cannot drink legally until 21, unless your parent or guardian is directly with you giving consent.

Cheers

Dtowncitylover
Username: Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 107
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you! I didn't know about the parental consent...YEAH!

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 154
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hate to burst your bubble, but as far as I know Wisconsin is the only state that honors that arrangement.

"...I was shocked to find out this wasn't the case in other states as well. I went to Michigan to look at colleges with my mom and we went to a restaurant/cafe and I asked for an Irish coffee. The waitress asked for my ID and I told her she could have it, but it doesn't say I'm 21. She gave me this bizarre look and said matter-of-factly, "well you can't drink then" and I told her I was with my mom and she said "but you're not 21". I just ended up getting a normal coffee, and when the waitress came back she asked if we were from Wisconsin and said she'd remembered hearing something about being able to drink with your parents there. I have some great memories of going to bars with my parents, even before they let me drink. Another odd thing is, in Wisconsin, you can drink with your spouse if they are over 21."
http://ask.metafilter.com/5647 0/What-is-the-legal-justificat ion-for-the-US-drinking-age-of -21

Gannon

Post Number: 12795
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heh, order something else and have your consenting parent order what you want.

I never ordered a Guinness when we went to the Tipperary Pub or the Gaelic League, but always ended up with one.

Got so comfortable...both the Jonathon B. Pub and Tollgate at the Fairlane Towne Centre and later the Rivertown Saloon all served me well before I was twenty one. I always knew my limits because I learned them with my father nearby.

Silly-ass restrictions, thanks for the clarity, Alley.

Break the law at your own risk, and don't do things to excess, Dcl.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.