Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Chrysler LLC Presents Scholarship Competition for Students to Tell Their Story of Metro Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 800
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"High school, undergraduate and graduate students get to write about the "D"

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., April 3, 2008 /PRNewswire/ -- To focus on the many
aspects of Detroit and surrounding southeast Michigan area, Chrysler LLC
has created a "My Journey through The D" essay contest for high school,
undergraduate and graduate students. Participating students are encouraged
to share a personal account or defining moment that underscores Detroit's
impact on their life. There will be 15 scholarships distributed and the sum
of all awards totals $28,500."

For a complete list of submission guidelines, eligibility and contact
information, please visit http://www.myjourneythroughthe D.com.

Bdglsmn
Username: Bdglsmn

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., April 9, 2008 /PRFakeNewswaire/--In a effort to further reduce costs, and move towards profitability, Chrysler LLC has announced a buyout package for the students that were earlier awarded scholarships in the "My Journey Through The D" essay contest. A spokesman for the privately held company says that at this point details of the package have not been finalized but that the company is thinking of offering financial compensation along the lines of $50.00 cash per student and a coupon for $100.00 that can be used towards the purchase any Chrysler vehicle.

Sorry MrsJ. I couldn't resist...

Spacemonkey
Username: Spacemonkey

Post Number: 359
Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My essay would be about the time I got shot inside the Top Hat Hamburger restaurant at 8 and Livernois circa 1987. Some gang bangers drove by and shot the place up because they were mad at the restaurant.

Laying on the floor in the broken glass and winter snow sludge covering my head gave me a whole new appreciation for and perspective on life. Life is fragile. It can be taken at any moment for any dumb reason. So you may as well enjoy even the most boring, mundane, or bad moments while you're here. It all could be over in a flash.

I lived. I was shot in the hand. Cops who arrived said YBI kids fired a half a brick through a home made cannon through the window in retaliation. The brick busted my thumb and got shattered glass in my food.

No other Detroit experience really made as much of an "impact" on me as this. (pun)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.