Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Irritate us Brian Elias ! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ongowwah
Username: Ongowwah

Post Number: 43
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 7:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How did Brian Elias the window guy ever agree to that commercial with the bossy (someone's future ex-wife) little girl, "c'mon Brian, work with me here" Does it say more about his stupidity or the acceptable notion that kids call the shots these days? I mean did he actually screen this commercial and think it was cute or even vaguely appealing?

Newport1128
Username: Newport1128

Post Number: 185
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Given the quality of Brian's previous commercial endeavors, this latest one is hardly a surprise. He probably uses the same ad agency as Carl Collins, Feiger, Sam Bernstein (featuring Bill Bonds!), and all the other nauseating local "personalities".
And yes, many commercials today depict males, and especially fathers, as being complete morons. The wife and kids have all the brains, and have the stupid dad/hubby wrapped around their crooked little fingers.

Mozeewink
Username: Mozeewink

Post Number: 59
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hahaha...that dude is the worst! I think it says more about his stupidity...and those Bernstein ads with Bill Bonds! *vomit*

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 857
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bring back Mr. Belivedere.

Snoringbeagle
Username: Snoringbeagle

Post Number: 14
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You asked for it.. You got it..

Mr. Belevedere

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1934
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i have family that knows Brian. He does these commercials to boost his already enormous ego.

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6607
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think they're made under the stupid assumption that people think kids are cute.

They aren't, and they certainly wouldn't make me buy their product over another.

I guarantee that the brat belongs to someone high up in the organization if she isn't a Hanson herself.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 5783
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

hahaha...that dude is the worst! I think it says more about his stupidity...and those Bernstein ads with Bill Bonds! *vomit*

Yet a shyster will largely succeed in his advertising endeavors if the obnoxious ad is remembered or connected with the sponsor...

Snoringbeagle

Post Number: 17
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's right, There is no such thing as bad publicity.

I remember a young fella once told me,

He don't care if they talk bad or good about him, just as long as they are talking about him.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 5784
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some of the most popular ads of all times were utter failures because nobody seemed to remember just who the sponsor was or, sometimes, even the product.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4714
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Madison Avenue long ago learned that persistance of message, even to the point of being obnoxious, works. They found that outrage will eventually be followed by a beaten down acceptance. In the end enough minds will be branded. Revulsion that creates talk about the brand merely increases the potency of the branding effort. This thread is proof.

I am not making accusations about this thread's starter, but ad campaign techniques are increasingly taking advantage of social networking outlets such as this forum. Even negative introduction has its advantages. I know nothing of these ads but if I see one, the message will now be enhanced and I will no doubt take notice of something that probably has washed over before. Thanks for nothing! :-)

"The opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference."

"You don't get rid of a troll by feeding it."

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 625
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Head On! Apply directly to the forehead.Head On! Apply directly to the forehead.Head On! Apply directly to the forehead.Head On! Apply directly to the forehead.Head On! Apply directly to the forehead.Head On! Apply directly to the forehead."

You mean like that???

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 1923
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny thing, another local law office "Lee Free", parodied the Head on commercial with a commercial of their own. You can see it during the mid day hours on local TV stations.

Now THATS irritating... :-)

(Message edited by detroitrise on April 06, 2008)

Snoringbeagle

Post Number: 18
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Lowell;

There is an article in the news about this sort of thing and the response it got from targeted forums.

Hasn't the political camps been doing this for a while.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20080325/A UTO01/803250319/1013/BIZ04

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 6000
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The wife and kids have all the brains, and have the stupid dad/hubby wrapped around their crooked little fingers.

Like the Nickelodeon generation of kids, who watched all those Nick shows where the parents are morons and the kids are the smartass main characters full of sarcastic comments. I'm sure we've all seen examples of where that gets you.

Marauderkev
Username: Marauderkev

Post Number: 15
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It goes back further than that Johnlodge
Does nobody remember those Jimmy Stewart father-is-stupid films from the 60s?

Yaktown
Username: Yaktown

Post Number: 328
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He should get to a speech therapist to fix that lisp. Thank FSM I have a mute button on my remote though!

Craig
Username: Craig

Post Number: 701
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Madison Avenue long ago learned that persistance of message, even to the point of being obnoxious, works. They found that outrage will eventually be followed by a beaten down acceptance. In the end enough minds will be branded. Revulsion that creates talk about the brand merely increases the potency of the branding effort. This thread is proof. "

Many believe this, but there's no hard evidence to support the position. If it were true every other spot on network TV would have the equivalent of nails on chalkboard. Give the real ad guys a little credit.

Dogperson
Username: Dogperson

Post Number: 35
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hanson's do not warrant their work. If after a few months a window leaks, you have to pay

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1938
Posted on Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

by far Taylor Made is the best Window place in the area. They did my windows when i lived in SCS. No BS and they were quick.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.