Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Th Greening of Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 134
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ever find yourself bitching about how Detroit looks? Well, here's your chance to do something...

FWD:

Hello it’s Monique Torbert and I’m the Volunteer Coordinator at the Greening of Detroit. I know many times we plan activities with you, but this weekend we have a big tree planting (details listed below) with basically no volunteers. I was hoping you could spread the word to help get some people out, I’m reaching out to everyone I can to make this day successful.

I appreciate if you could do anything to help thanks a lot!

This Saturday April 5, 2008 at 9am

The Greening of Detroit in partnership with the City of Detroit’s Next Detroit Neighborhood Initiative and the University District Neighborhood Association will be adding 125 street trees to the area. These trees will be replacing diseased Ash trees that were recently removed by the City.

If you have any questions on the day of please feel free to call my cell (313) 995-3469

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

Volunteers should meet at 9am at Gesu Catholic Church, 17180 Oak Drive, Detroit, MI 48221. (On the corner of Oak Drive & Santa Maria) Park on the street.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2164
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 12:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh and I can help I'll be home and thats my parents neighborhood. Who is running the corps now?

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 135
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I actually received that as a forwarded email message originally from Monique Torbert, but I think it's awesome you want to help :-)

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2167
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 12:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah I just caught that FWD on the top I guess that means I should probably go on and hit the hay to spare myself from further dummy moments.

But yeah I used to work for em back when so I never have much of a problem helping when I can. Besides they are going to be like a few blocks from the parents spot might as well show up.

Pkbroch
Username: Pkbroch

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its a great cause. We did it in Palmer Woods with Joe Sulak from greening. Just make sure the folks with new trees remember to water deeply. Most of the trees survived.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.