Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Which Lifetime Fitness is Best? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Urbanluxe
Username: Urbanluxe

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For those who opt to use the suburban fitness facilities instead of beautiful Belle Isle or Kronk Gym, which would you say is best?Is there a particular instructor who's the bomb and only at one location?

Username: 7051

Post Number: 89
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try the original and newly refurbished Powerhouse in Highland Park on Woodward. Has plenty of new cardio machines. Always negotiable on prices. Very friendly crowd for men and women.

Umbound
Username: Umbound

Post Number: 71
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The one in Commerce Township is the nicest one i have been to i haven't been to the one in Rochester though but the one in Commerce is close to my house.

Ladyinabag
Username: Ladyinabag

Post Number: 530
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rochester.

Umbound
Username: Umbound

Post Number: 73
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How is that one? is it the nicest?

Cinderpath
Username: Cinderpath

Post Number: 491
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I use Madison Athletic Club on John R in Madison Heights, prices are very good, the trainers are awesome. I recommend John Schuster

I can't comment about Lifetime Fitness, I have not been there in years, but I felt like a number, John, knows and works with me.

Hunchentoot
Username: Hunchentoot

Post Number: 78
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I use the Y currently, which I like, buy I just discovered that there's a city-run rec center on Bagley near me that's free except for the weight room, which is $100 per year. Anybody have experiences with city-run rec centers? What's a membership at Powerhouse in Highland Park cost?

Meaghansdad
Username: Meaghansdad

Post Number: 263
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I use the Y as well. I have the membership that allows me to go to any one in the metro Detroit area. I attempted to use the local Rec-center(Heilmann), but it didnt offer enough variety.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.