Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Channel 56 @ 1:30 pm - Bill Moyers Journal « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 4001
Posted on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I posted this previously in the scandal mega-thread, but doubt many saw it.

This week's edition of Bill Moyers' Journal might be/should be of interest around here. The first half is about the Kerner Commission report (this year is the 40th anniversary) and a little about the Eisenhower Foundation that recently held public sessions (including one at Wayne - footage shown). There was video footage from 1967 I'd never seen before, too.

The second half is with Cory Booker, the young Mayor of Newark, who is addressing many city problems similar to Detroit's. Very impressive guy.

Bill Moyers Journal

(Message edited by lilpup on March 30, 2008)
Top of pageBottom of page

Detsfb
Username: Detsfb

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just caught the Cory Booker segment. It sounds like he has a lot of promise for Newark. Now if only our mayor could address the city's issues instead of his own.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.