Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Does anyone know how to apply for a Mayoral position? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitmaybe
Username: Detroitmaybe

Post Number: 54
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was talking with a colleague of mine today,and we got to talking about the requirements of a mayor, and how you apply for such a position?

Then, it made me wonder....if when you apply for a job at many major corporations you are required to do a application, interview,credit check, criminal background check, integrity tests,personality tests, drug tests..etc..Are these also required by a prospective mayoral candidate??

I tried to do a google search on how to become mayor, and could not find any legitimate info.
Just curious, I mean...in the event that I ever decide to run for mayor;) I know what I gotta do??

Erikd
Username: Erikd

Post Number: 1008
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only requirements are that you must be 18+ years old, and a legal resident of Detroit.

There is no application, interview, drug test, etc...

If you want your name to appear on the ballot, you must collect a certain amount of valid signatures from registered Detroit voters on a petition form, and submit it to the city clerk by a set deadline.

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1395
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everything Erikd said...plus raise several million dollars for a campaign...and try not to sell your soul in the process.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 818
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go to a certain church in Detroit tomorrow.

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 586
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

*avoiding vulgar joke*

Hairybackjoe
Username: Hairybackjoe

Post Number: 32
Posted on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Give me your pager number and I'll text those requirements to you!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.