Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » James Perry trial « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 5303
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 8:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's your opinion on the whole James Perry trial. Think he did it? Innocent?

Tk65
Username: Tk65

Post Number: 58
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think hes innocent, though he looks like a creep. And where is that asshole Dave Gorcyca at? the first trial he was all over the news claiming the guy was guilty, now he is nowhere to be found. Maybe he is busy letting first time bank robbers go free.

Ferntruth
Username: Ferntruth

Post Number: 420
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I also think he is innocent (and as much as I hate to admit it, I too think he looks a bit creepy - but thats not a crime, except in LA)

Crystal
Username: Crystal

Post Number: 139
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is a toughie.

The Free Press ran a spooky article two weeks ago, ("How to wreck a boy's life"), about how a West Bloomfield detective coerced from a 13-year-old boy, false testimony against his parents.

Then there was the notorious McMartin preschool sexual abuse case in the 1980's.

On a personal level, four years ago a family member (then 13) made false accusations which resulted in the court removing the family member from our home for five months, until the GAL was able to figure out that the family member was not telling the truth.

Also on a personal level, our oldest son's girlfriend was being abused by her father for over a year. School counselors and CPS did not believe the girl and would not investigate. As a last resort, the girl taped her father during abuse and brought the tape to her HS English teacher. English teacher brought the tape to a different HS counselor, who called a different CPS office. The girl was removed from the home that evening and the father has been found guilty of felony child abuse.

As horrible as it would be to let an abuser go free, I think it would be worse to falsely convict an innocent person.

Ladyinabag
Username: Ladyinabag

Post Number: 524
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There has been conflicting testimony. This is what is taking so long.

Ferntruth
Username: Ferntruth

Post Number: 423
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That and a hold-out juror

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.