Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Want to Buy theWright K Building? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Alan55
Username: Alan55

Post Number: 1368
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Auction on-site Saturday April 5th at 11am
Preview & Registration at 9am
Showing by private appointments.
Rare Investor Opportunity in the Central Business District of Downtown Detroit.

1500 Woodward Avenue and John R Street.
Don’t miss the chance to own this 1891 Historic Six Story Building. The Wright K Building, zoned B5H is located two blocks from Comerica Park and Ford Field. People mover station and public parking are within walking distance.
Main floor nightclub Mezzanine and three bar areas, includes a class C liquor license. Third Floor is a remodeled office with storage. Fourth and Fifth floors are two bedroom lofts and the sixth floor is a three bedroom Loft. This is a must see property with great income potential in the very epi- center of Downtown Detroit.

Call today for more information 877-696-7653

http://www.bethroseauction.com /frame_auction.html

Alan55

Post Number: 1369
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about this one?

View this property by appointment with Lora Koralewski 419-534-6223

2931 E Jefferson, Detroit, MI 48207

An opportunity to own the Historic Jefferson Mansion zoned B-4, located in the general business district, providing business and commercial uses of a thoroughfare oriented nature. These buildings' highest and best uses are as an office building. Two completely renovated buildings and parking lot for private parking available in this exclusive auction. Over 18,000 Sq. Ft in the historic mansion of Prestigious Class A office space with original flooring, stained glass and historical design. This is a must see property. Included is a 4500 Sq. Ft. carriage house. This is a two story building with a reception area, training area and office space. Also included is a private parking lot.

Built in 1880, with $1.5 million in restorations in 2000 to main building and carriage house. Restorations include: Exterior replacement and repair of brick and stone, newly replaced gabled roof with gray slate roof turrets and specialty architectural features and new windows. Interior replacement and repair of plaster, new paint, original restored wood floors, original woodwork and original stained glass repaired.

Main entrance opens from marble covered vistibule into main lobby area. Rooms opening to main lobby have French doors leading into large office conference room or library. Additional office with private bathroom. Back staircase that leads to upper floors.

The second floor has a series of large and small offices, two bathrooms and usable kitchen. It also includes eating area and airing deck for outside sitting. The third floor is finished with a series of large and small offices and bathroom.

Rose Auction Group, LLC
www.bethroseauction.com

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1523
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They just reopened the club on the lower level. What is the cost of it? I was looking but all I saw was that a certified check was needed.

Alan55

Post Number: 1370
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's an auction, so the price will be whatever the highest bidder is willing to pay, once the reserve price has been met.

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 481
Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2008 - 2:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Wright K Building has been for sale for quite a while. For all the trainspotters who don't bother to venture downtown, there has been a for sale sign on the building for about a year, possibly more.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 26
Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2008 - 2:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, lots of buildings in Detroit have for sale signs on them, but (IMO) many are priced way to high.

The Park Avenue Building comes to mind, as does the Antique Store on the Fisher Service Drive (between third and fourth). I'm not saying that you shouldn't call if your interested, but expect some crazy asking prices, as so many of those signs might as well be considered permanent.

Again, these are just my opinions.

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1525
Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2008 - 2:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^ Pretty much, I wonder if comps are even considered when pricing or are these some sort of aim way high and slowly come back down to market value? Kinda like how car dealers go from sticker back down to little over invoice.

Alan55

Post Number: 1371
Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2008 - 7:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Again, it's an AUCTION, so the price that it's been listed at for all this time is largely irrelevant.

Sheesh.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1085
Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2008 - 8:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd like to buy Wright K Building, but I already have one, thanks.

Soulhawk
Username: Soulhawk

Post Number: 335
Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2008 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's up with the for sale sign on C-Pop gallery?

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2582
Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2008 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know if I owned it I would turn the nightclub on the ground floor into a bar and grill and open up those spots where they have jazz pictures for windows(which I think used to be display windows).

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1092
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Royce that sounds real snazzy to me. What will you charge for a beer? I just want to get a feel for it, ya know? I'd turn it into a strip club for the blind. That way the dancers can be ugly, and cheap!

Royce

Post Number: 2585
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 1:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bulletmagnet, a strip club for the blind. Priceless.:-)

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 30
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 2:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, ya know the area really could use something for the teen crowd. I found it interesting working at Agave that car brake ins on Canfield would skyrocket whenever it wasn't a school night. Keeping risk taking teens entertained is important in any community (to keep them out of trouble). I honestly think such a place could possibly have some type of effect on crime.

Hmmmm, Bulletmagnets idea is probably better, and much more profitable!

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 603
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 7:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

What's up with the for sale sign on C-Pop gallery?

It's been on the market for quite some time as well.

Royce

Post Number: 2586
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In Detroit, it is not a good idea to have a centrally located place for teens to hang out. It brings too many of them from all over the city. That's how fights and shootouts begin. On Holy Thursday there was a teen event at Cobo that evolved into several physical altercations requiring the cops to show up and restore order. Activities for teens need to stay in the neighborhoods where the teens who planned the activities live. Designating a location as a teen hang-out spot is only inviting trouble.

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 36
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 2:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Royce,

I think were thinking about different types of atmosphere. It sounds like you might be talking about a club or big social spot. I'm talking more along the lines of a much more laid back place like a cafe that caters more to that crowd. Maybe an arcade or just some teen geared clothing stores would work as well. Again, I think that kind of stuff could be kept under control, and would also get the next generation interested and acquainted with the city. If they stayed in their own neighborhoods (which they aren't really doing now) that wouldn't really be possible.

I’m not suggesting attempting to attract a mass mob of trouble causing teenagers; I'm just talking about giving them something more to do. That’s not to mention Downtown Detroit is sort of a neighborhood now, and Cass Tech is just across the freeway. You also have them coming down for the festivals, and many, many of them work downtown at some of the food courts and restaurants. My point is they’re already down there. Not surprisingly, they seem to end up wondering around downtown doing graffiti (where do you think all those vulgar tags come from?) or committing vandalism. And since they are just spending so long doing nothing but loitering or walking aimlessly, you know their probably being constantly offered drugs. Since they're bored, and can't find other places to go, I wouldn't be surprised if many are willing to buy.

You may be right. It just seems to be a good idea (at least on the surface) to me.

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1548
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 2:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"In Detroit, it is not a good idea to have a centrally located place for teens to hang out. It brings too many of them from all over the city."

^^^ Really? I am a photographer and I get hired for many teen events and to be honest I see more incidents among the older crowd (21+)

I am out EVERY week on assignment and I don't see many issues among that age range.

Royce

Post Number: 2590
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Visiondetroit, you're right and I'm wrong. I don't know what made me think that there aren't problems when teens get together. Oh, that incident at Cobo given be MLK High last Thursday. Ok, I concede that that must have been an aberation. Good to know that the events you attend aren't eventful.

Sean of Detroit, there does appear to be one exception to what I was talking about. Youthville on Woodward and Grand Boulevard is a centrally located hang-out for teens 18 and under. As far as I know there haven't been any major incidents.

Nickstone
Username: Nickstone

Post Number: 43
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I played at the club ("The Apartment") when it was re-opening as a music venue. They decided for a very limited time to have live music. The people running it were clueless. I have no idea if they're the same people running it. It's such a beautiful structure and with so much history... the problem is running these places as hip hop clubs... it's one problem after another. I wish I had the sort of money it would take to buy a place like that. I would put a very white-bread-american restaurant in the main level to cater to families and the general after-tigers-games etc crowd (that would have alcohol but not act like a bar like cheli's and hockeytown), perhaps even a chain restaurant like a Chili's or something. Detroit, as has been discussed, is sadly lacking in those restauarants that suburban types can see and go, yes, I know what I can get there, it's safe for my kids, etc. There is simply a lack of that for people before/after tigers and red wings games. Make it a safe family destination. Think of all that suburban money that could be spent downtown. Kids have meals, mom and dad have meals and a few drinks, fast turnover... I'm not necessarily saying this building would be the best place for it, but it would be an incredible option...

Detsfb
Username: Detsfb

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I walk past this place daily and have been lusting after the top floor loft for some time. Anyone know if the the spaces are fully leased?

Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1560
Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a pic I took a while ago, I loe this building.

http://crush.smugmug.com/galle ry/2183991_eAmPU#113540322_Rmq Vf-L-LB

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.