Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Sports Bar Downtown « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eboyer
Username: Eboyer

Post Number: 99
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm looking for a place downtown to watch the MSU game tonight. Only requirement is good TV quality and placement. Any ideas?

Also, would I be able to watch the game in the MGM?

Hybridy
Username: Hybridy

Post Number: 225
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the detroiter???

Dbc
Username: Dbc

Post Number: 109
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love the Detroiter on Beaubien, good beer selction and pub grub. Coaches Corner is also solid. It's more open than the Detroiter, has Flat screens, a good beer selection,and they serve Niki's pizza.

There's also the Detroit Pub, a brand new place right by Coaches Corner that opened up where the Bat Lounge was. Never been, but might be worth a try.

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 1124
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

we're trying to decide where we are going to watch it, too. we're thinking coaches corner, cheli's, detroit beer co, or TV.

maybe we'll see you there.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11770
Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2008 - 6:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Two weeks straight we tried to stop into Cheli's for dinner and drinks. First week we were greeted by a said that read "KITCHEN CLOSED," and second week the sign had changed to "Chili and Coneys only." What the hell kind of place can't get their kitchen up and going after a full week? We settled on Coach's and were not disappointed. The burger was one of the best I've had in awhile.

Ladyinabag
Username: Ladyinabag

Post Number: 497
Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2008 - 7:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What about The Cracker Barrel? Does he stay open? I think that it's in The Michigan Bldg. Where is The Michigan Bldg anyway?

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1023
Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2008 - 8:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My favorite spots for good TV locations are Hockeytown, Coach's Corner, and Pappy's Pub. All have plenty of tv's, great sight lines, and good food.

I will be watching State next friday from the friendly confines of Pappy's Pub with a heaping pile of chicken nachos in front of me!!

Spitcoff
Username: Spitcoff

Post Number: 153
Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2008 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

coaches corner

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.