Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Bowling alley and pool room « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Airborne
Username: Airborne

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 8:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I used to wait out of the cold in a building near the Detroit Coney Island on Lafayette Blvd. for the bus.
There was a balcony where you could look over the whole floor of pool tables. There must have been 20 or more. What was the name of the building?
Top of pageBottom of page

Markopolo
Username: Markopolo

Post Number: 12
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Airborne—I never saw the building, but heard about it several years ago from some old-time Detroiters. If it is the same building they talked about it was the Reaction Building and it sat across the street from the present Federal Court House at the corner of W. Lafayette and Shelby (I think it’s a parking lot now). Again, if it is the same building, it was several stories tall and also had bowling alleys. Many of Detroit’s politicians and other city bigwigs would gather there to cut deals while they socialized.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.