Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Lindell AC « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 136
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sure this was on a previous thread, but I'm fairly new here. I really miss that place, had some great times there. I seem to remember reading that some of the memorabilia was saved and they were going to reopen in another location. Whatever happened to that plan?

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1007
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think they talked about opening up inside Ford Field.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 4264
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They talked about opening in 1001 Woodward, then Ford Field, but nothing yet

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 1798
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, we're hearing all this talk and yet no action.

Ah, gotta love Detroit... :-)

Whithorn11446
Username: Whithorn11446

Post Number: 213
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/89914/96236.html

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 141
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whithorn, thanks for that link, great stories. I have a funny one. Years ago before the cup years I camped out overnight at the Joe for playoff tickets. My plan was to scalp them and make some extra cash. There wasn't much interest in the first round, and come game day I still had two pairs of tickets to sell. So I went to Lindells and told Jimmy B that I had 2 pairs and if anyone was looking I would be at the bar. So i grabbed a beer and burger and in a few minutes a couple came up and bought one pair. Now its about 20 min to game time and some hot shot lawyer type, shirt/tie/suspenders comes up and gruffly says, "let me see what ya got". they weren't great seats or anything, but I was only asking for $5 over face value. The guy tosses them on the bar and says to me "You're fuck'in dream'in. " So I sit back down and a few minutes later two guys come up and buy my last pair. Its about 5 mins till gametime and I have one swig of beer left when hot shot lawyer guy comes up to me and says, "Hey buddy, I'll take those tickets." I slowly take the last sip of my beer, get up, turn to him and say "You're fuck'in dream'in", and walk away.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.