Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Detroit, City on the Move. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7183
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Take a look a wonderful You Tube film about Detroit, By Mayor Cavanaugh before Coleman Young and King Kwame Kilpatrick mess it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vUbsw28PCpA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =evxDI7ce6Z0&feature=related

AHH!! I missed those good ole' days.

Enjoy the show for this was our dream.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 1789
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, here's the deal:

I've seen that video over 20 times and about 20 different people posted a thread about it over 20 times.

So, what's your point?

Personally, I thought the DPD messed up Detroit on that hot July 23, 1967 summer morning.

Corrupt then, corrupt now...

(Message edited by detroitrise on March 16, 2008)

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7186
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitrise,

One thing about the film is thar are no blacks, slums and ghettos in the frame. Cavanaugh wants to Detroit film appeal to investors and tourists.

Cmubryan
Username: Cmubryan

Post Number: 539
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Slums and ghettos no, why the hell would they put slums or ghettos in the movie when they are trying to tell a great story of Detroit? Blacks are in the video.

River_rat
Username: River_rat

Post Number: 334
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitrise put it succinctly, that story ended on July 23, 1967.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.