Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Bullit at the Redford Theatre this weekend « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11767
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Figured I'd pass along word that the 1968 cult classic "Bullit" will be playing tonight and tomorrow at the Redford Theatre. This movie contains one of the most infamous car chase scenes of all time, featuring a Charger and a Mustang. Be sure to check out how many times the Charger loses a hub cap, as if memory serves me, it's more than 4.

Also, the old school Mustang from 1967 and a 2008 Bullit edition Mustang will be on display inside the theatre.

http://redfordtheatre.com/movi e/

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 551
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be there.

Rooms222
Username: Rooms222

Post Number: 94
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for that. I had kind of stopped looking at the films at the Redford, but I found the upcoming films more to my liking than a couple of years ago....Grease is coming in May, a great film that kids and teens like, and a chance to show them the theater and the pipe organ performance.....

Zimm
Username: Zimm

Post Number: 55
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my favorite move ever!

FWIW, the Mustang in the movie was a 68 GT 390.

Whithorn11446
Username: Whithorn11446

Post Number: 212
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Figured I'd pass along word that the 1968 cult classic "Bullit" will be playing tonight and tomorrow at the Redford Theatre."

I thought for a movie to have "cult" status means it was not popular when it was released ? Bullitt was very popular in 1968. Steve McQueen was HUGE box office in those days.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.