Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Eastern Market Coffee Roasters? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rugbyman
Username: Rugbyman

Post Number: 269
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 8:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We went to the Fly Trap for breakfast the other day and think they said their coffee is roasted at Eastern Market. Can anyone think of what the company's called? Pretty damn good cup, that's for sure.

Xd_brklyn
Username: Xd_brklyn

Post Number: 369
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does any coffee shop in the Detroit Metro area roast their own coffee? There was a place in Brighton, but that closed.

Transitrider
Username: Transitrider

Post Number: 50
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recommend ordering from this local roaster:
http://www.rougeroastery.com
Now if we can just get him to open a retail location...

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 1692
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the cue-in. I have ordered some coffee, can't wait to try it.

Parkguy
Username: Parkguy

Post Number: 247
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Transitrider--
Thanks for the Rouge Roastery link. They have some great varieties-- I love Ethiopian Harrar! I'll order some right away-- but I've also started roasting beans at home! Now, that's fresh!

There was a place in Farmington Hills called Bean and Bagel where I'd stop for a morning bagel, and they had a roaster going every day. They closed a couple of years ago, though. There is a roaster in Plymouth (Coffee Express), and one on Haggerty. There is also Detroit Coffee, but I don't know if they are still in business. Their website was up the last time I checked. Please, someone open a coffee house in Rosedale Park!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.