Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Kevorkian Running for Congress! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 415
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seriously. Info just given on Fox 2's broadcast. Area of interest: Prison Reform.

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 671
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20080312/NEWS06/ 80312022

Rel

Post Number: 417
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, that's my congressional district! No way, Jack. I'm a Gary Peters girl.

http://petersforcongress.com/i ndex.php?option=com_content&ta sk=view&id=20&Itemid=35

Thanks for the link, Wash_man. But why did the Freep mention the incumbent, but not his opponent? Kevorkian mentioned he was running without party affiliation. But you'd think they'd mention the other big name in the race.

BTW- He has the same lawyer as Kwame? Mayer Morganroth?

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 4782
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Duplicate thread Discuss Detroit » NON-DETROIT ISSUES » Kevorkian Plans to Run for Congress

Rel

Post Number: 418
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Jimaz. I never venture into the non-Detroit threads. And after checking out what I 'duplicated', I remember why LOL.

I consider the main thread relevant for suburban issues, as well. Lowell, do as you wish with this thread. Sorry if it's a duplicate, but I didn't see one here.

Jimaz

Post Number: 4783
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No worries. Just trying to help. :-)

Worthwhile topic though.

Rel

Post Number: 419
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What are your thoughts on it, Jimaz?

My thoughts are: it takes a ridiculous amount of $ to run for Congress nowadays. Do you think he can raise enough to be viable? Do you think Knollenberg could be defeated by anyone, democrat or independent? I think he's a little more vulnerable each time he runs.

Jimaz

Post Number: 4784
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I admire Kevorkian's conviction determination but I doubt he can prevail. I'll celebrate every inch of his progress though. He seems to me a genuinely sincere man and that's another thing I admire about him.

(Message edited by Jimaz on March 13, 2008)

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 6463
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are convicted felons allowed to run for office, let alone vote?

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7179
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 6:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dr. Death is running for congress. HAHAHAHA!

Rel

Post Number: 420
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 8:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LMAO @ Jimaz. Nice wording!

I do admire his principles, but I doubt he is viable as a candidate.

Hans57
Username: Hans57

Post Number: 288
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ha ha, he's got my vote!

He's actually a great artist, albeit a bit twisted.

check this out;

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/ frontline/kevorkian/aboutk/art /

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 512
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Politicians typically do a term in office, followed by one in prison.

Kevorkian just did it backwards.

Spaceman_spiff
Username: Spaceman_spiff

Post Number: 112
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am quite surprised that a convicted felon is able to run for Congress.

However, I believe that Dr. Kevorkian is doing the public a great service by attempting to enter into public service. If nothing else, his campaign will remind his constituency, and perhaps with enough media coverage the nation, that end of life care in our country denies many of the most vulnerable citizens, the sick and elderly, the freedom to choose a peaceful end for themselves.

-spiff

Harpernottingham
Username: Harpernottingham

Post Number: 370
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, Morganroth has represented both Kevorkian and Kwame.

Funny how his first name is "Mayer," which is pronounced just like "mayor."

Zimm
Username: Zimm

Post Number: 54
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i thought he was let out of prison because he was old and dying. now he's healthy enough to run for Congress? give me a break...

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 6183
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice thing this time, Dr. Kevorkian won't have to "treat" so damn many Oregonians, the majority of his previous practice. They passed an assisted suicide law yrs. ago while Jack was holed up and outta commision. Now their doctors can prescribe a pill to ease them out.

jjaba wonders what happened to the VW Microbus used as his mobile clinic. Perhaps it should be rolled in next to the Rosa Parks bus at The Henry Ford museum, another monument to civil rights.

jjaba, Who backs Jack.

Jjaba

Post Number: 6184
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jrvass, #512, classic HOF post.
Made us giggle.
jjaba, LOL.

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 1695
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope he won't be a spoiler. I really like Gary Peters.

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 1226
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kevorkian to his supporters:
"Help me pull the plug on my competitor!"

"My competitor's campaign is dying, let me assist!"

"I'm here to help"

I know how to cut the costs of "Assisted Living"

Jjaba

Post Number: 6186
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Irish Mafia tells it like it tis.

Headline, "Dr. Kevorkian elected, Alzheimer's Units thinning."

jjaba.

Harpernottingham
Username: Harpernottingham

Post Number: 376
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

“If you want to have 10 pounds of marijuana in your house, why not? As long as you don’t hurt anybody.”

—Jack Kevorkian
March 24, 2008

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=200880324026

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 2196
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is a candidate now running for Congress whose lawyer ( Morganroth) was not too long ago petitioning the Governor (and appearing on several tv stations) and clammoring to let his client out of the slammer early as he was at death's door. He was going to die in prison, he was not eating ,he was extremely weak, let him out to die peacefully at home etc.
Apparently, his freedom has been great for his constitution. Not our Constitution, but his constitution. How ironic.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2406
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Are convicted felons allowed to run for office, let alone vote?"

run=yes
vote=no

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 567
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

“If you want to have 10 pounds of marijuana in your house, why not? As long as you don’t hurt anybody.”

—Jack Kevorkian
March 24, 2008

Sounds good to me.

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 386
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 7:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"jjaba wonders what happened to the VW Microbus used as his mobile clinic"

Check Korea. It was probably recycled into a Hyundai and now rolling down the streets of Seoul.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7219
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 8:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kevorkian for Congress. VOTE HELL NO! on Dr. Death! Most of us don't want to a guy with a scythe in office. He will lose in a flash.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 298
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kevorkian would run for Governor, but Granholm is already killing the state.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.