Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Roseville question « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jerrytimes
Username: Jerrytimes

Post Number: 109
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So I was wondering if any Roseville residents have complained about this or if there is anyone on this board affiliated with the city that can get this moving.

There is a house by Mr. C's party store on Pearl St. that burned over a year ago and has been sitting there ever since. I've contacted the city and was told about 6 months ago that it was going before council and should be removed soon, but nothing has happened. I didn't buy a house around here to look at vacant burned structures.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 11430
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe it's karma. Your statements such as "Can you really single out any area. 90% of the city is disgusting." have come back to bit you in the ass now you are stuck looking at a burnt out house.

Granted I don't believe in karma but for someone who is so willing to condemn every part of the city is is absolutely wonderful that you have to look at a aburnt out building and whine about it here.

Jerrytimes

Post Number: 110
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What are you talking about? When did I say that 90% of the city is disgusting?

Jt1

Post Number: 11431
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/116828.html?1205340342 #POST854636

Worst part of Detroit thread.

Jerrytimes

Post Number: 111
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok... I'm not talking about Detroit here, I'm talking about Roseville. Most of Detroit is disgusting, Roseville isn't.

By the way, how did you find that so fast? That was from 2 months ago.

Also, what is your point in posting what you have posted? Are you just trying to start an argument? I was only posting this because Roseville tends to act quickly when it comes to removing burnt houses, like all cities should.

Jt1

Post Number: 11432
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Ok... I'm not talking about Detroit here, I'm talking about Roseville. Most of Detroit is disgusting, Roseville isn't.

I realized that you were not talking about Detroit. I was pointing out A) how you are full of shit and B) laughing at you that you have to face a burnt down house. Now for Roseville not being disgusting that is up for interpretation. You couldn't pay me enough to live in Roseville.

quote:

By the way, how did you find that so fast? That was from 2 months ago.

Search function. I knew that throwing a stupid comment back at you would be exceptionally easy.

quote:

Also, what is your point in posting what you have posted? Are you just trying to start an argument?

My point was that this is wonderful news and a pleasant person like you deserves this.

Jerrytimes

Post Number: 113
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow. I don't get where you are coming from at all. Excuse me for asking a question about something around the place that I call home. I hope you feel like you've accomplished something.

What have I done to piss your majesty off so bad?

Jt1

Post Number: 11434
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Most of Detroit is disgusting

Followed by

quote:

Wow. I don't get where you are coming from at all.

You come to a Detroityes forum and spout off continually how the city sucks then expect a warm reception.

quote:

Excuse me for asking a question about something around the place that I call home.

You or anyone can ask anything you want. I was giving you my opinion on Roseville much like you like to give opinions on Detroit. See how that works?

quote:

I hope you feel like you've accomplished something.

I certainly have. I got to mock you and the humor of someone who says how bad Detroit is while living across from a burnt out home. I have also humored myself. Really it's a win-win for me.

Ferntruth
Username: Ferntruth

Post Number: 381
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Enough high school antics, boys.

Jerrytimes

Post Number: 115
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everyone spouts off about the city here so join the club. Obviously you don't read everything so how do you know that's all that I do? I've lived in the Detroit area my whole life and my family dating back to the early 1900's have as well, so I'll say what I please. I also never said that live across from a burnt home, just near one by the way. I bitch about Detroit so much because I've seen how beautiful the city once was, and how it has been destroyed in the past 40 years and it makes me sick.

Get over yourself, get a life, and move on.

Jerrytimes

Post Number: 116
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

High school was fun though.

Ferntruth
Username: Ferntruth

Post Number: 382
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Get over yourself, get a life, and move on"

I think you are asking an awful lot of Jt1, Jerrytimes. =)

Jt1

Post Number: 11435
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Everyone spouts off about the city here so join the club. Obviously you don't read everything so how do you know that's all that I do?

It may not be all you do but you sure seem to be quite the expert on the city and the state of the entire city while never living in the city.

quote:

I've lived in the Detroit area my whole life and my family dating back to the early 1900's have as well, so I'll say what I please.

I agree. Roseville sucks and you couldn't pay me enough to live there. Sorry but your family living in the city 100 years ago doesn't make you any more knowledgeable.

quote:

I also never said that live across from a burnt home, just near one by the way. I bitch about Detroit so much because I've seen how beautiful the city once was, and how it has been destroyed in the past 40 years and it makes me sick.

You've seen how the city has been destroyed over the last 40 years? Well, I guess those pictures do make you an expert.

quote:

Get over yourself, get a life, and move on.

Thank you for allowing me to continue humoring myself.

Ferntruth - You got that right. :-)

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 69
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some people in Birmingham would say that Ferndale is disgusting. Some people in Ferndale would say that Warren is disgusting. Some people in Warren would say that Roseville is disgusting. And some people in Roseville would say that Detroit is disgusting. See where I'm going with this??
I feel that the one common thread between all these hypothetical people is ignorance. It's not cool to generalize about a city based on the negatives, when you probably aren't even aware of the positives to begin with.

Jt1

Post Number: 11437
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alley - I was saying it in jest to get a rise out of jerrytimes.

I figured if jerry could be an expert on Detroit having never lived here I could be an expert on Roseville even though I know almost nothing about it.

Sorry you missed the fact that the intent was to get jerry all worked up.

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 70
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 7:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey, I was on your side... easy killer. I didn't miss any facts; you misinterpreted my comment

Harsensis
Username: Harsensis

Post Number: 337
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it the house that looks like it has a hole in the roof on Live.com? It doesn't look that bad from space...seriously I would not like having it across the street from me though. It could be worse though, my brother-in-laws house in Detroit just off Mack had four burnt out houses within a block.

Jt1

Post Number: 11439
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Correct, I did miss your point. My apologies. It was worth it though, just to be called killer.

Billpdx
Username: Billpdx

Post Number: 65
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow. Those first 8 posts were great! Jt1, that was a total and complete blowout.

Nice work, and thanks for the entertainment.

Man... I am still laughing at that exchange.

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 196
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jerrytimes...try getting ahold of the State Rep...he has an office at Utica Rd and Gratiot..was Dan Accavitti, but I'm not sure if he is still. That office will do their best to help you.

Former Roseville resident...

Scooter2k7
Username: Scooter2k7

Post Number: 83
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Roseville is a blue collar city. It has its nice parts and it has it bad parts. Detroit too has its bad parts and its nice parts. Roseville, Eastpointe, South Warren are all cities that were rooted in the 40s and the 50s and are starting to look old and tired. But that does not make them disgusting.

Jt1

Post Number: 11440
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Nice work, and thanks for the entertainment.

My pleasure. i look to entertain myself. If others find the humor all the better.

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 1119
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why would you suggest that he contact his state rep? Completely not necessary. Jerry - it sounds like you contacted the city, but have not followed up. Call the City Manager's office directly and I bet they'll have an explanation for you.

For all the shit Roseville gets, it is actually a very well run city. They do a good job of providing services to residents and are very business friendly. The city knows that a great deal of it's development is a result of the lack of commercial/retail in the city of Detroit. It seems that many suburbs have "problems" with Detroiters coming to their city to shop, but Roseville is a happy to serve them.

Jt1 - you're ridiculous. But, damn, pretty funny.

Jerrytimes

Post Number: 118
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the enjoyment Jt1.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions from everyone else, and an apology to you Jt1 for starting a thread about something to make a little spot in my city look nicer. I also never once said that I was an expert on the city of Detroit. I actually like to do many things downtown and I try to get my friends down there as often as I can, and Detroit isn't all that bad, it's the home of Marcus hamburgers! Man I want one of those.

Jt1

Post Number: 11441
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jerry - No worries. I don't blame anyone for wanting to improve their neighborhoods and don't believe anyone, whether in Detroit, Roseville, Baghdad, etc should have to deal with blight in their neighborhood.

Any decline in inner rings will just be an added burden to Detroit and as Detroit falls inner rings suffer.

A few long weeks at the office make me come here for my humor.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.