Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Who wants to seeTHIS person run for mayor for Detroit's Future? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Nellonfury
Username: Nellonfury

Post Number: 241
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 6:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's right people!!WDIV's Carmen!
She a REAL Detroiter!
She's a icon!
To me, She's a legend who has a big heart for the city!I've been thinking about this for a while and I had to say it!!
She's been with WDIV for close to 30 years(If I'm right)and as a news reporter she knows what's going on every day in the city.Since I miss her message to Kwame last night and finally heard it. My jaw drop to the floor and I was nearly in tears.Like us,Carmen is tried of Kwame's BULLSH*T!!!I'm not just saying this because her message to Kwame.She want this city move forward and wants to this city to be on a top popular cities in the US!I wonder if she is thinking about in the future, and If she is,that will be a big chance for Detroit. Who else agree?

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 359
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah

She could certainly WIN!

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 3771
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 6:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carmen's awesome. Why would you want to curse her with the Mayorship?

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 938
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 7:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Reading from a TelePrompTer doesn't make you qualified to run for office.

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 401
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 7:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She was definately the unexpected champion of the evening.

You go, girl!

No, wait. Kwame, YOU GO. And take that tacky suit with you.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1073
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 7:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lamb chop would get devoured by the wolves if she entered politics.

Detroit needs a tough but honest mayor. Not someone who looks pleasant when she's chitchatting with Bernie.

Rb336
Username: Rb336

Post Number: 5441
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 8:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that commentary was one of the few times I've liked her. mostly i watch to laugh at her hair

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 2821
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What did she say?

Does she still live in the city? I thought she had moved to the suburbs.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 2093
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carmen and her family live in Indian Village

Gotdetroit
Username: Gotdetroit

Post Number: 125
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 9:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw her at R. Hirt Jr's this weekend. She didn't look like a mayor. Too smiley.

Slider
Username: Slider

Post Number: 33
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 10:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I missed the broadcast and can't find it on the Channel 4 website. Does anyone have a link?

Gravitymachine
Username: Gravitymachine

Post Number: 1995
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 10:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

she'd make a terrible mayor. next.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1074
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ morningpowercast/index.html

Carm
Username: Carm

Post Number: 73
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I read a blog where someone suggested Huel Perkins for mayor.

Miketeevee
Username: Miketeevee

Post Number: 39
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 11:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not sure she's prepared to take a HUGE pay cut!

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 176
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was the most entertaining editorial I've witnessed since the feuding heydays of Bill Bonds and Coleman Young, and was completely unexpected.

My wife and I just looked at each other and said Wow!! That said, I doubt that she would be the best candidate, with the type of city government the D has, with a strong mayor/city council, but at least she would not be a crook, compulsive liar, and philanderer.

Wakeupdetroit
Username: Wakeupdetroit

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ed_golick said: "Reading from a TelePrompTer doesn't make you qualified to run for office."

What does it take? Having thugs for bodyguards and appointees willing to lie,cheat,and steal for you? Oh I beg pardon we're not talking about Kwame Kilpatrick are we?
Go Carmen!

Gencinjay
Username: Gencinjay

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I were a betting man, which I am, I'd look for Coleman A. Young II to run and win.

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 147
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 2:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hellllll Nawwwwwwwww!^^^^^^^^^^^^Sorry! NO! WAY!

Scooter2k7
Username: Scooter2k7

Post Number: 84
Posted on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I never respected Carmen Harlan as a journalist before, I do now!

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7180
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 6:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YAY!

I will nominate Carmen Harlan for mayor of Detroit. She's got principles and could fight the media dogs if should would get in trouble.

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 379
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 7:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I read a blog where someone suggested Huel Perkins for mayor."

Sorry, he lives in Oakland County. I saw him on our local cable access show quite a few years ago as the emcee of some event featuring high-schoolers.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7181
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 5:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If Carmen Harlan run against KING KWAME KILPATRICK in the mayor election this would be the result:

HARLAN 87%

KILPATRICK 8%

WOW! what a landside.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.