Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Vote Detroit as America's Favorite City! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 2811
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.travelandleisure.co m/afc/2008/survey/index.cfm

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2382
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you notice that Detroit isn't on that list?

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 2812
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes.

Deteamster
Username: Deteamster

Post Number: 96
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well it's my favorite city. It's contributions to American society, to this day, far outweigh someplace like Phoenix. Unless you consider paving and laying sod in a desert to be laudable.
Stupid piece of fluff. It's more of deciding which quality you like in a city better, warm temperatures or unaffordable yuppie lifestyle, or a combination thereof.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 4479
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very true, Deteamster.

If NYC doesn't win this, there's something wrong.

(Message edited by mackinaw on March 07, 2008)

Vas
Username: Vas

Post Number: 888
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit is America's most educational city. With the heart of a Lion.

(no reference to the football team)

Wpitonya
Username: Wpitonya

Post Number: 64
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 2:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just voted for NYC. There is a spot at the end of the survey where they ask you what city you would like added.....my answer was obvious....Gary, IN (joke...Detroit)

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 679
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ever been to Sedona?

Whittier70
Username: Whittier70

Post Number: 67
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit is most known for atm's being dragged down the street with a chain and a stolen truck.
Not that there's anything wrong with that!

(Message edited by whittier70 on March 09, 2008)

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 57
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i would just LOVE for Detroit to win...
People around the county would be in an uproar

Scooter2k7
Username: Scooter2k7

Post Number: 77
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why is Phoenix on this list? What cultural gems or historical sites exist in the desert? "This cactus is from the 1890s" WOW! Detroit is full of historical sites and cultural gems. Where else in the world can see where the first car that rolled off an assembly line, touch JFK's assassination limo, sit in Rosa Park's bus while drinking a Faygo, and gamble all in the same day?

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 4754
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only significant history in Phoenix is of the lost Anasazi and there's scant claim to any connection between them and the vast majority of its current inhabitants.

Phoenix has no soul.

(Message edited by Jimaz on March 09, 2008)

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 364
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah...sad when we knock down our history and our relegated to viewing snippets and 30 second clips...

Animalparade
Username: Animalparade

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sedona is amazing. A jackrabbit jumped over my stretched out legs there.

Figebornu
Username: Figebornu

Post Number: 87
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's stop being so sleepy and in denial. Detroit has been systematically destroyed, and it is NOT a great city right now.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 548
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

touch JFK's assassination limo

I tried that once when I was about 4 years old. I don't recommend it. Museum staff were not amused.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2389
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"i would just LOVE for Detroit to win...
People around the county would be in an uproar"

Actually, the results of the survey would probably get buried before they would ever release any results if Detroit were the outcome. At the end of the survey there isn't even any results as they currently stand.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 1741
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Why is Phoenix on this list? What cultural gems or historical sites exist in the desert? "This cactus is from the 1890s" WOW! Detroit is full of historical sites and cultural gems. Where else in the world can see where the first car that rolled off an assembly line, touch JFK's assassination limo, sit in Rosa Park's bus while drinking a Faygo, and gamble all in the same day?"

Unlike Detroit, 3 words, "hot and sunny."

Sad, but true.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.