Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Whatever happened to.... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 875
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 8:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

((My feeble attempts to start a mega-thread))

Whatever happened to plans for the old Tiger Stadium becoming condos/retail? Its lost a lot of steam since they gave the ol' Heisman to Ernie Harwell.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 5469
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whatever happened to that $600 million Gerald Ford was going to give Detroit to build a mass transit rail system?

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 2796
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 9:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whatever happened to the Motown Museum that was supposed to go on Woodward at I-75?

Ramcharger
Username: Ramcharger

Post Number: 535
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whatever happened to the expansion of the Detroit Historical Museum?

Iheartthed

Post Number: 2798
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whatever happened to 2 Detroit Center?

Jaydetroit
Username: Jaydetroit

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

-Iheartthed

I remember reading something in the freepress a couple months back about that motown museum...it was supposed to be across woodward from the townhomes and garden lofts if im not mistaken. They said something about the funding coming up short, and the rest of the article was toting the benefits of the current motown museum...I believe they thought they would get an investment from Gordy that didn't pan out...so its a no-go now.

Iheartthed

Post Number: 2800
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^Actually, I already know what happened to the Motown Museum, and 2 Detroit Center, and the previous transit proposals. They all were sent to their final resting places in Detroit's graveyard of hope, soon to be joined by any viable plan for the old Tiger Stadium.

So I'm just being facetious.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 843
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What happened to the new police station at MCS? Biggest Pipe Dream Ever!

Karl_jr
Username: Karl_jr

Post Number: 219
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What happened to "10 cents for every RAT killed"

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.