Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » FAMOUS QUOTES(det gov style) « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Whittier70
Username: Whittier70

Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Which famous former city of detroit official said: "Do you know who the f*** i am"?

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 17
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Christine greedy:-)

Bvos
Username: Bvos

Post Number: 2263
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bringing back the good old days of H.M.F.I.C. in class and style!

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 1147
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My favorite from HMFIC (paraphrased from memory from Coleman Young's Little Red Book, which every DYer should steal, in the spirit of things):

Mayor Young was with a trade delegation visiting Japan. While waiting for the tour to begin in earnest, the Japanese guide was killing time by telling the Americans about Japanese culture and language.

"In Japanese," he explained, "not only the pronunciation but also the tone and inflection determines the meaning of a word. Two words can have the same pronunciation, but just saying them in different tones they mean two different things."

Mayor Young understood perfectly, explaining to the host (smiling), "we have words like that in English, too, motherf****r."

That last term was once referred to in the Detroit News, and I swear I am not making this up, as "the Mayor's favorite twelve-letter compound expletive".

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 276
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Slipping into acronyms as the above "HMFIC"
I had a Black supervisor years ago who had the acronym "HNIC" after his name on his desk. I had to ask him what it stood for. He told me and we both laughed.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 3687
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 12:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thinkin' KK is making CAY look way better to the haters now

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 852
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 4:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, even a train wreck looks OK as long as it's in your rear view mirror, I remember ...all those Krugerrands, Magmun Oil,the VISTA sludge contract, the Canadian steel in the PM, Brush Park Beautifcation, the MonkeyBars on Washington, Anchoivoy Calvert, Chief Hart ceiling full of money, the beatings at the Millander on fireworks night, PoleTown distruction ... and maybe the thing I miss most, CAY held up inside the Manoogian with the curtains pulled and TVs blaring so no Feds could record his conversations. great leader

yeah, good times

Hornist9
Username: Hornist9

Post Number: 79
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My two favorite Coleslaw quotes...

KRUGERRANDS! I don't know nutting about no Gawddamned KRUGERRANDS!

and...

Ah-low-ha, Motherfuckers.

I used to really enjoy it when George Beirer with JJ and the Morning Crew used to do his Coleslaw impressions...

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 649
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I will be vindicated" KK 3/18/2008

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.