Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Skip 911--Call a council member! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 650
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This would be funny if it weren't so tragic. Talk about a broken system!

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20080304/NEWS01/ 803040315/1003/NEWS01

Detroitpetanque
Username: Detroitpetanque

Post Number: 80
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Moore said the initial delay occurred because the patrol car was diverted to another call."

Where? Detroit Donut?

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1973
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, some of the posts underneath is are disturbing. Somebody is holed up in their house hiding from criminals and -- it's cause for sniggering laughter? That's boag.

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 312
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pardon my language...I'm sorry...that is the type of fucking bullshit that keeps people out of the city and in the suburbs. Fuckin' eh...

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 68
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its been said before, call Dominos, someone will be there in 30 minutes.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 5425
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Wow, some of the posts underneath is are disturbing.

That's the Freep forums for you. Consistent garbage from the jackassiest of jackasses around.

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 602
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shift change? What B.S. You're cops - you don't leave your shift until you have relief, or that's how I know most municipalities do it - reminds me of when I called the cops one time and they had literally two cars in the whole precinct patrolling. Person on the phone told me the entire city was being protected by a grand total of twelve cars. Or the time they showed up three days later.

Damn - why can't the city get it? Fix the security situation and the rest of the revitalization will follow quickly. This isn't rocket science, it just takes a leader, not a politician (which is all we have around here).

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 3680
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only way stuff like this gets fixed is to get it reported to the higher ups like this guy did and then let the management/employee bull run downhill just like in a corporate setting. Things can't get fixed if the management doesn't get the specifics of the problem. Bellyaching on the internet isn't going to do. Any time you have a problem with the PD gets names, badge numbers, whatever info you can, note the date and time, and then start calling - chief's office, council, ombudsman's office, mayor's office, the major news outlets,etc.

Just like in a lousy restaurant or store it could be one or two people who are f*cking up the entire attitude and getting rid of them goes a long way toward solving the problem, but the top dogs have to hear what's going on when they're not around in order for them to make the right moves.

The deputy chief for that district has to paint a prettier picture for the council and public, but that doesn't mean someone didn't get reamed out or removed somewhere down the line.

Danindc
Username: Danindc

Post Number: 3953
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And note the highly professional legislative attire on display by Ms. Watson. Do you think the photo-op was her idea?

I am really, genuinely sorry to read this story. No one should have to put up with such crap from the police.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 5429
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where'd he get Watson's number? CHECK THE TEXT MESSAGES!

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 702
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"What good would a gun have been?"

Whittier70
Username: Whittier70

Post Number: 41
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

call monica conyers instead of 911, she's armed.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.