Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Thanks from the Historic Fort Wayne Coalition... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Usnsubvet77
Username: Usnsubvet77

Post Number: 89
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would like to, again, thank all the DYes'ers for their time at Fort Wayne this Saturday.

I only apologize that I was not able to meet everyone that came out, but I am glad that word is spreading.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions for improvement about any workday that they attend, please contact myself or the Executive Board through our website.

Thanks again and I hope to see many more and meet many more of you in the future!

Thomas Steele
Historic Fort Wayne Coalition
Projects Committee - Secretary
thomas.steele@us.yazaki.com
OR
info@historicfortwaynecoalitio n.com

www.historicfortwaynecoalition .com

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4573
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thomas, thank you, the coalition and all who are working so hard to save this wonderful and so valuable Detroit, Michigan and US site. [applause]

Dinnc
Username: Dinnc

Post Number: 27
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was fortunate to get a tour of the fort when I was in town back in October. I live in NC and unable to make it for the work days. I would still love to get updated on the specifics of the work being done. Do you have a place to see pics and get a summary of the progress?

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 470
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dinnc-

This is your tour guide! Please check on the new updated website, www.historicfortwaynecoalition .com as it is constantly being updated and has many new features. It is also a bit more interactive, and our webmaster says it will just get better and better!

I apologize for not updating you more in the past, but I've moved to Arizona and I'm trying to keep up from afar (as I'm sure ou can relate to!

There is a new events calander for 2008 that has been posted showing this year's events. Perhaps you could coordinate a visit back with one of them this summer?

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate. If I don't know the answer, I'll get it!

By the way, we've had tremendous participation from the DetroitYes website and it's forum members. As many as a dozen have been out at various times and many of those folks have become members! The Coalition has expanded massively since even you were here last!

Hopefully, you can get down there this year for an event!!

Respectfully,

PlymouthRes

Zimm
Username: Zimm

Post Number: 48
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

glad to hear work is continuing. when the weather warms up, i'll be around to volunteer again.

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 471
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 8:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Zimm, we look forward to seeing you when you can get back out! Perhaps we could interest you in some window re-glazing?..........This time without the ivy?

Res

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 7784
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In return, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to participate.

It's been great to wander the grounds and imagine the thousands who preceded me on that ground and the sacrifices they made.

I feel honored you've allowed me a small part in making sure they are remembered.

Usnsubvet77
Username: Usnsubvet77

Post Number: 90
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No need to thank the Coalition. Afterall, in my opinion, the Fort belongs to everyone.

I guess, I AM grateful, in a weird sort of way, to the City for allowing us to be there when they could clearly say no.

Perhaps it is for the best and it is the way it is supposed to be. If passionate volunteers were not there, maybe it would be taken for granted like many things. In some way, through the hard work and trials with projects, funding, time, weather, etc., the Fort will have MORE exposure, MORE vibrance and MORE visitors with lifelong memories to share with future generations.

Every workday is growing (DO NOT interpret that we don't need any more help in that statement!) The Coalition is growing. More completed and complex projects are being accomplished. Technique training is happening and our Fort Wayne family is getting bigger!

I truly BELIEVE that Fort Wayne will see its day again. It is such a great experience seeing that light and belief in others who visit the Fort too.

Thanks for your belief in something that has been all but forgotten.

-Subvet
Historic Fort Wayne Coalition
Projects Committee - Secretary
www.historicfortwaynecoalition .com

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.