Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » New Detroit Pub location? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroit_pride
Username: Detroit_pride

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 8:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know the location of this new sports pub in Detroit?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/ fbh/581733057.html

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 11754
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The old Steel location at Gratiot at John R, kitty-corner from the Rhinocerous Club across from the Hilton Garden Inn...I just jogged by it yesterday.

Bigjeff
Username: Bigjeff

Post Number: 160
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I'm not mistaken I saw the outside of this bar. It is around the corner from Harbor House. And, I believe it faces gratiot, next to subway!

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 11756
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not John R, Brush.

Wilus1mj
Username: Wilus1mj

Post Number: 249
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope that entire corner gets filled in. Looks like some nice office space on the top level with the red brick above this new Pub.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 4067
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It seems like that corner could take off and start connecting Greektown and Harmony Park - would love to see that!

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 999
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree Bobj. I think a great catalyst for this would be the storefront at the corner of Brush and Macomb. If something could be done to improve that corner I think it would help to connect that popular walking corridor.

Drankin21
Username: Drankin21

Post Number: 190
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have always wondered why there was never a successful nightclub/bar/pub etc. in that location with all of the foot traffic between the stadia and Greektown. Seems like it would be a no brainer for a couple of pints before/after a game

Rax
Username: Rax

Post Number: 158
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Bat Lounge was there for a long time before the owner was killed.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 4077
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is that what happened to the Bat, did not know that

Treelock
Username: Treelock

Post Number: 285
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The city must do something to address pedestrian safety there, as you take your life into your hands crossing Gratiot. And I once rear-ended someone at the corner of Gratiot and Broadway – that's a horribly confusing intersection to navigate.

Neilr
Username: Neilr

Post Number: 666
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree, Treelock. As a pedestrian, I take my life in my hands trying to get through that intersection of Gratiot, Randolph, and Broadway. The traffic lights have a multitude of settings for the various traffic directions and while it may seem safe to cross on the "wait," in an instant a car may be (legally) barreling through the intersection.

Dabirch
Username: Dabirch

Post Number: 2528
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2008 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The Bat Lounge was there for a long time before the owner was killed.

I thought Seifu (of the Blue Nile and formerly Tiffany's) owned the Bat Lounge. As far as I am aware, he is still very much alive.

Rax
Username: Rax

Post Number: 161
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 8:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not Seifu. The name is totally escaping me, but he was decapitated on his motorcycle riding home drunk on his birthday.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.