Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Looking for a ministry Oppertunity « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Atticus91
Username: Atticus91

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey I attend Highland Park Baptist Church in Southfield, and my small group is looking for a way we can help out in downtown. If there is any organization or group that could use help or money, please let me know. Thanks.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1560
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 1:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I could use some help and money! :-)

Actually there are lots of groups out there where the help or money would be better spent. I would suggest that you find some goals on how to use the money.

There are lots of missionaries/church groups feeding or housing the homeless. You could set-up a soup kitchen, but I don't know the immediate needs of Southfield. You could also participate in things such as the Ronald McDonald House. It all goes back to finding out what kind of committment your church wants to make in terms of goals and willingness to see a project through.

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 3594
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 1:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about moving back to Highland Park? That would be a good start.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 839
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 6:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

contct Habitat For Humanity, I don't have my contact info on me, but your group can hook up with an established organization that already has a program up and running.

It is a big headache establishing all th paperwork related to founding a 501(c)3, so unless you really like adding 15 hrs a week to paperwork BS, just hook up with Habitat.

There your team can join with others to build a single home. It's pretty cool.

Motor City Blight Busters also does good work.

Vic_doucette
Username: Vic_doucette

Post Number: 374
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wanna help out in your new home in Southfield?

The Miracle League of Michigan ALWAYS needs volunteers!

www.michiganmiracle.org

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.