Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Town Apartments « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Cmubryan
Username: Cmubryan

Post Number: 538
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 12:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On my way back downtown to my apartment tonight I saw something in the skyline that had been absent for years. The Town Apartments' red neon sign atop the building was lit up. It wasn't in perfect condition but about 90% was lit up. I swear I think it's been at least a decade if not more since the sign was lit. Very exciting to see!

Stromberg2
Username: Stromberg2

Post Number: 69
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody know how nice the apartments are?

Stromberg2

Harsensis
Username: Harsensis

Post Number: 333
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A friends Dad use to live there. It was nice from what I remember but I was young and didn't really pay attention. I do remember dropping trash down the garbage chute, that was great fun!

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 4029
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A friend of mine was living there last fall, the power, heat and water were constantly being turned off. I think they were shut down for a while.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.