Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Tupac Hunter « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Baltgar
Username: Baltgar

Post Number: 106
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recently heard Tupac Hunter's name condemning the recent Mayor's text message scandal.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20080222/NEW S01/80222019/1003/NEWS01

Though, I don't know much about him. From some quick internet searches he seems to be a respectable man. What are his ambitions in politics? Governor, Mayor, Congress???
Top of pageBottom of page

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 266
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Read the article fully: "...said he might consider running for Detroit mayor, but not until 2013 at the earliest."

Why is it that whenever anyone runs for office, there's always the question of, "what are their ambitions?" Their ambitions are: they want to run for office.

Tupac Hunter is currently a state senator. Maybe he'll switch titles in the future. But consider the fact that many elected officials are just like anyone else with a job. Sometimes they like to stay put, and sometimes they like to look toward something bigger.

Tupac seems like a nice, intelligent guy but I don't know him very well. I think what *is* notable about this story, however, is that a fellow Detroit elected official had the courage to criticize the Mayor when others stay silent. Kudos, Tupac.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.