Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Detroit Fire Dept. short on funds, lives could be in danger" « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sg9018
Username: Sg9018

Post Number: 159
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys remember the Smart Street fire. That killed Marian Rembis. The fire department could have came sooner to the fire but, the nearest fire rigs was closed that day.
Engine 34 and 31 was closed for staff reasons and engine 37 was closed in 2005. A engine two miles away had to go to the fire.
It has been 5 years since detroit had a new fire Department class.
Many staffing and equipment problems that the department.
Also Detroit firefighters is getting older. Detroit need to find a way to fund the fire department.
More in the Free Press and Fox 2 News,
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20080226/NEW S01/80226054

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/my fox/pages/Home/Detail?contentI d=5886185&version=2&locale=EN- US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1. 1
Top of pageBottom of page

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 429
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a family member who is a Detroit Firefighter and I couldn't agree more that there are a ton of problems with staffing and equipment problems. These guys are working their entire shift putting out fires with antiquated and non-working equipment. That is putting their lives in danger every day. I understand that the kitchens in some of the houses are non-working, roofs are leaking, furnaces aren't working. These houses are where they live for 24 hours and something needs to be done about their living conditions.
KK obviously isn't going to help out because he needs the money to pay for his sex life escapades. Detroiters need to know that these guys can get to their homes in a reasonable amount of time when they are needed and it's time to make that happen.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.