Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » New look for the Freep.com « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1556
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like they're testing out a new version of the web site.

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /frontpage

Mortgageking
Username: Mortgageking

Post Number: 36
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looks much better.

Fishtoes2000
Username: Fishtoes2000

Post Number: 416
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess XHTML validation wasn't a priority. Ouch!:
This page is not Valid (no Doctype found)!
Result: Failed validation, 656 Errors

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 952
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eh, I liked the other one more.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 3513
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They need to use the paper's colors - dump the generic blue and lack of yellow

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 436
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this is funny, this didn't look this way at noon!

but check me out! it is MUCH easier to find me now

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20080217/OPINION 02/802170550/1068/opinion

Treelock
Username: Treelock

Post Number: 278
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They just unveiled their other redesign maybe a year ago. Guess it wasn't too well received.

Treelock
Username: Treelock

Post Number: 279
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, also I'm getting stuck on the same page when I click the "back" button on the new site.

Hybridy
Username: Hybridy

Post Number: 213
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i hated the latest
rock out the new design
has a ny times feel

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 953
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I used to be able to get 30 different headlines without leaving the front page. I got all the news in 2 minutes, and if I wanted to get more on a certain story I could. Now I have to go to 3 or 4 pages to find stories from early this morning. Kinda disappointing, in my opinion.

Wanderinglady
Username: Wanderinglady

Post Number: 31
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like this better. It does remind me of the New York Times.

(Off-topic) I should send an email to the Free Press about another thing -- too many sports blogs! It would be great if the Freep had a blog about the school system. The L.A. Times has a few -- they're not great, but it beats the heck out of nothing.

Hardhat
Username: Hardhat

Post Number: 226
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like it better. They used to have multiple links to the same story on their home page. Very strange. It's much cleaner now. Now, as for the quality of their reporting...

Jgavrile
Username: Jgavrile

Post Number: 43
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll tell you ,when they re-did the web-site for the Detroit News, they sure screwed it up .It is not user friendly at all. I hate the damm thing. I used be able to go on the old website and find what I was looking for// No longer?? It sucks! in my opinion

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.