Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Which fast food messes up the most? « Previous Next »
Archive through February 16, 2008Downriviera30 02-16-08  1:31 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 25
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Taco Bell on 9 Mile betw. Dequindre & John R is GUARANTEED to royally mess your order up at night!
This is the case for Wendy's on 9 Mile/ 75 as well-- The night shift there just DOESN'T GIVE A SHT about correct orders or being even slightly nice to customers!
One good thing, if you have a bad experience at a fast food joint, you can go to their website and complain in their feedback section. 9.9 times out of ten, the company will mail you a certificate of a total reorder

just.what.we.need.

Clayton
Username: Clayton

Post Number: 11
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

One of my favorite comedians, John Pinette, a fairly large fellow, complains about the skinny people in front of him in line at McDonalds wasting time looking up at the menu. "C'mon, its McDonalds! The menu hasn't changed in 50 years, its hamburgers! Place your order and get out of my way!"

I guess that would be funny if it were true.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 471
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I make it a point to not go to any KFC's because they have screwed up my order EVERY single time at every location I've ever been to over the years.
But every couple of years, I'll try again, and be disappointed again!
What are the chances of that!

Grumpyoldlady
Username: Grumpyoldlady

Post Number: 8
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit fast food restaurants aren't the only ones who mess up your order. Here in Minnesota I can't count the times I've asked for salt, pepper, barbecue sauce, etc. and not received it. Last week our family went to Arby's. They asked if we wanted any sauces for our sandwiches. We said yes, barbecue and horseradish. We received 9 horseradish and ONE barbecue....that was for a total of 8 sandwiches! Also didn't get the salt we requested. I know this is small potatoes in comparison to not getting a sandwich, etc. but an Arby's roast beef sandwich just doesn't taste right without the sauces...or at least that is MY way to eat them. Didn't realize until we were miles down the road and it wasn't worth the hassle to go back.

I also hate how the folks at McDonald's never seem to be able to get the burger or fish pattie in the center of the bun...usually at least 1/4 hanging off one side.

Wykkidx
Username: Wykkidx

Post Number: 10
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fear not fast food fans, as they are building a Sonic in Southgate on Fort st. so people will have a new place to mess up your orders :-)

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 1589
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WHAT!? The only thing about it being on the Westside is it being on the SW side (completely out of my range!).

Kronprinz
Username: Kronprinz

Post Number: 635
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I once called my local KFC at 9.30 pm and asked what time they closed. 10.00 pm I was told so I pulled up at the drive through at 9.45 pm and was told "Sorry, We're closed". I told the young lady that I called and was told KFC was opened until 10.00 pm. She looked at the clock, which said 9.45, and said "well we out of food anyway" and slammed the window closed. I then went to Dairy Queen and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Kathinozarks
Username: Kathinozarks

Post Number: 1103
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our Taco Bell seems to love giving out an extra taco or the like in every bag I've brought home lately. It's very exciting!

Jazzylinn
Username: Jazzylinn

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McDonald's on Livernois/Grand River.

A few years back before I became a Vegetarian, I purchased a #1.

After waiting for an half hour in the drive-thru (only drive-thru was open) just as I was leaving their drive-thru I started munching on their fries as I was driving.

Then once I finished them, I pulled out the container holding my big mac.

Don't know why, but I looked at it before I ate it.

Guess what happened next. Discovered that someone already bit off the sandwich.

Was so pissed I didn't mine staying in the drive-thru lane again. As I pulled up to the speaker area the attendant asked me if I could help them. The response I gave them was "i'm not sure."

Then when I told them the problem I had, the manager came and stared at me as if I was crazy.

They asked me if I wanted them to make me another sandwich. "Hell Nah". Guess what though they didn't refund my entire order. Just the sandwich money was refunded.

Don't know why my sandwich was bitten off of, but I am so glad I am a vegetarian and no longer goto fast food joints.

Detroitrise

Post Number: 1590
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jazzylinn, that was also the alleged McDonalds that gave this boy a Worm Burger with his Kids Meal back in the late 90s/early 00s.

Honestly, I don't know how these food establishments (inlcuding the markets) in Detroit get around the Health Inspectors with this crap.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 2737
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's an upbeat side.

A chain in California, Nevada, and Arizona is called "In 'n Out Burgers". All stores are owned by one family. They start their new help at double minimum wage, offer a 401K, and tuition refund once employed for a year.

Needless to say, I have NEVER had my order screwed up in any of their stores. And the burgers are absolutely super. Oh...FRESH french fries, too. You can watch them peeling the potatoes on this nifty little machine......

Detroitrise

Post Number: 1593
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ray, that's because the chain is small, non-franchised, and the family takes pride in running it.

The family refuses to expand because they know the restaurant wouldn't perform right.

Well at least Metro Detroit gets some Sonics, Del Tacos, Culvers and Fatburgers. They're definitely a step up from Blandy's, Dunger King, Sh*it Bell and CrapDonalds.

(Message edited by detroitrise on February 16, 2008)

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In N Out Burger is the best ever. Always the first place I hit in Vegas.

Dustin89
Username: Dustin89

Post Number: 200
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've gone to traditional fast-food joints less and less in the past few years; I like Tubby's submarines, and I will still occasionally go to an Arby's or BK. I always used to order chicken @ BK, and when they stopped carrying packets of plain honey--I think they now just have honey mustard--I almost had a nervous breakdown. :-) That was the beginning of the end of my patronage of Burger Kings.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 4562
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Today I ordered an Oreo Frosty from Wendy's. They made an M&M Frosty by mistake and caught their own error. They made another Oreo Frosty and gave me the other one for free.

Sometimes it helps if they know you're a reasonable customer. :-)

Grumpyoldlady
Username: Grumpyoldlady

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We have some Burger Time drive-thru restaurants that make awesome food. Fresh fries, custom made burgers, and I've never had an order messed up or failed to receive my salt, ketchup, etc. I wish they would get some Sonic's and Red Robin's here in Minnesota.

Aaron
Username: Aaron

Post Number: 139
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've never gone to the White Castle at Wyoming and Fenkell and NOT been solicited by a bum while waiting in the drive-thru.

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 471
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 1:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitrise, where is there a a Sonic around here?

Wolverine
Username: Wolverine

Post Number: 422
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 3:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not within the city, but the McDonald's in New Baltimore. TERRIBLE SERVICE, and they couldn't get a single thing correct with the few customers they had. Probably because they couldn't hear them right. They had Godsmack (heavy metal band) blasting really loud over the restaurant sound system. Not what I wanted to hear at 7:45 a.m!

Ladyinabag
Username: Ladyinabag

Post Number: 372
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 4:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought that your heading meant, "Which fast food messes up the most when you are driving and trying to eat"...."which is Taco Bell, hands down. But, the Kentucky Fried closest to my house is always messing up.

Dave70
Username: Dave70

Post Number: 43
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 7:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I frequent the fast food joints in St.Clair Shores and I have to say they're doing a good job.

The BK on Harper north of 9mi never messes up my orders and is always pretty clean inside and out.

Next door is the Rally's, they are accurate but the food quality can vary. Sometimes really fresh, sometimes not. And the wait can be longer than BK.

The Mc Donalds on 9mi close by is alright, but I rarely go there.

The Wendys on Harper and Vernier is ok too.

Here in Hamtown the Mc Donalds is slow, the Wendy's can be kinda gross sometimes, the Rally's seemed the same as the SCS one.

Detroitrise

Post Number: 1597
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Detroitrise, where is there a a Sonic around here?"

They're building one in Southgate now.

Texorama
Username: Texorama

Post Number: 166
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Before you eat at that McDonald's in Hamtramck again, go in and take a good look at the men's room.

Detmi7mile
Username: Detmi7mile

Post Number: 32
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you're kentucky fried WHAT? and you're out of WHAT?

Whittier70
Username: Whittier70

Post Number: 30
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how about ordering a quarter pounder with cheese, the cheese is in the name of the sandwich but the last one i received from the mcdonalds on 9mile in eastpointe, yes there was no cheese on my quarter pounder w/cheese.

Little_buddy
Username: Little_buddy

Post Number: 62
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Taco Bell hands down. It seemed no matter the Taco Bell, no matter where, they screwed up the order. I would get so frustrated I would dream of owning a Taco Bell to show how to run one and a few years ago they had a contest that you could run one for a year. Too bad I didn't win. I don't think miniumun wage is any reason to give a losey work effort, I think it is just a bad attitude to began with that needs changing.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 2740
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ya want cheese with that cheeseburger?"

One_shot
Username: One_shot

Post Number: 354
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KFC on Harper and Vernier (old 8 Mile) is guaranteed to mess up your order or give you poor quality food. I work near there and DREAD ordering from there.
White Castle is another where as stated above, no matter how simple the prep work, it still takes forever in the drive thru or inside.
It has to be the help-minimum wage, I don't give a s#!t people. Now if these people can't get you your order in a timely fashion imagine if they are following health codes for serving food!?

Detroitrise

Post Number: 1602
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"KFC on Harper and Vernier (old 8 Mile) is guaranteed to mess up your order or give you poor quality food. I work near there and DREAD ordering from there."

Yeah, I also had a similar experience at that particular KFC

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 4567
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I kid you not. Today I went to the same Wendy's and they screwed up the Frosty order again. So for the second day in a row I have a bonus Frosty for free! I'm lovin' it. (Oops, wrong chain.)

Whittier70, Fareastsider, a few years ago in Phoenix my favorite KFC ran out of chicken too. It seemed so odd that I looked around for the Candid Camera. All I could think was "Well then why are you here?"

Dustin89
Username: Dustin89

Post Number: 202
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Earlier this winter, I walked into the KFC on 11 Mile in Royal Oak--I think at night after the U of M-MSU game--and it was dirty, slow, and out of certain types or pieces of chicken. None of the KFCs closer to my house are particularly impressive, either, with the exception of one on M-24 near downtown Lake Orion that seems clean.

Whittier70

Post Number: 33
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looks like kfc is takin the lead, the owners of kfc should read this, not that they would care anyway. i go to popeyes when i want chicken, i have never had a problem at popeyes. they never ran out of chicken, always got all items i ordered.

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 318
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Going inside is even riskier - the idiots working the counter (ha) will literally ignore you and not even make eye contact, much less take your order.
Why should they? They get paid the same regardless. You have to make a scene to get them to do their damn jobs. I've often wondered if a tip jar would make a difference.
I've learned to ALWAYS pick a mom-n-pop joint over a fast-food place if one's nearby.

Mrnittany
Username: Mrnittany

Post Number: 15
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I stopped at the McDonald's on Pontiac Trail and Beck (Novi/Wixom area) one summer afternoon a few years ago ..... OUT OF MEAT!

Well, nobody's perfect and sometimes things happen. So I gave them another chance and stopped there a couple months later ... OUT OF MEAT AGAIN!

Somebody didn't do too well in ordering inventory for the store ........

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 438
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KFC...how many times have I gone and they don't have CHICKEN!- Hello, it's KFC!

Ladyinabag
Username: Ladyinabag

Post Number: 376
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Darn, Ray....2740 posts. You are a posting fool.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 5163
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have to co-sign Mrsjdaniels. I have also been to KFC on more than once occasion and had them be out of Chicken. I mean, just close then.

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 361
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Taco Bell on 9 Mile betw. Dequindre & John R is GUARANTEED to royally mess your order up at night!"

I used to eat there a lot and almost every time, someone was in there complaining about their order being screwed up. Its also a Pizza Hut express and sometimes theyre also out of pizzas.

Whittier70

Post Number: 34
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

all taco bell/pizza huts are always out of pizza, they're f'd up just like kfc, detroit little ceasers never have any hot and ready pizzas ready either! if you want a hot and ready, you have to go to the suburb little ceasers

Yaktown
Username: Yaktown

Post Number: 306
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I stopped at the McDonald's on Pontiac Trail and Beck (Novi/Wixom area) one summer afternoon a few years ago ..... OUT OF MEAT!

Well, nobody's perfect and sometimes things happen. So I gave them another chance and stopped there a couple months later ... OUT OF MEAT AGAIN!"

So absolutely true. That is the WORST McDunghole's I have ever been to! Also, the interminable waits at Taco Bell & White Coffin sure do sober you up at 3AM. Recently went to the Hardee's on John R and judging from the men's room appearance, I should not have ate there.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.