Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Monica Conyers threatens to shoot aide « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 736
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is the lady who will take over as president of the council if Kwame resigns.

quote:

"She ran at him," Clark told The Detroit News. "She told him she would get a gun if she had to and that she has four brothers and they would whoop his a-- if she asked them."

In his police report, Milton said members of Conyers' staff, and others at the meeting, had to restrain her. But Sam Riddle, Conyers' chief of staff, said Milton was the one who had to be restrained. Riddle, who said he witnessed the squabble, said Milton started it by telling Conyers to shut up -- and using an expletive.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20080214/M ETRO/802140508

Maxcarey
Username: Maxcarey

Post Number: 205
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My dad can beat up your dad

Barnesfoto
Username: Barnesfoto

Post Number: 4743
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hmmm, any way we can get Monica Conyers to go after some of the scrappers?

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 798
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hummm, city council goes postal!

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 460
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Met some people from Minnesota this weekend and they referred to our wonderful city as Detoilet. I never heard that one before but sometimes you have to wonder if they are right.

Detx
Username: Detx

Post Number: 92
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What an embarrassment.

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 171
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As if Kilpatrick wasn't giving us enough headlines, dumb ass Monica Conyers jumps in to add more.

(Message edited by Crumbled_pavement on February 14, 2008)

Detx

Post Number: 93
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rjlj, I've heard that one before. In my experience, it's the derogative of choice Chicagoeans use when talking about our city.

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 96
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ironic... In the Freep article, Monica Conyer's people blame this on the Mayor's administration, saying it has a pattern of disrespect towards women because of Matt Allen's assault on his wife. As disappointing/sad as that whole episode was, I think that's a bit of a wild conclusion.

Uhh... what about Monica Conyer's own personal pattern of being abusive and threatening, like the bar brawl?

My dearest Kettle,

You're looking quite dark today!

Sincerely,
The Pot

Figebornu
Username: Figebornu

Post Number: 55
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What do you expect from a city that has on average 40,000 households without water usage and that literally hires baliffs (with Detroit Police officers helping) to put citizen's household and personal items on the streets per an eviction. The city practices barbarism.

Whittier70
Username: Whittier70

Post Number: 16
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

does monica conyers drive a raised up chevy impala?

Whittier70

Post Number: 17
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

monica conyers gangsta mobile

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 389
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Between KK, Beatty, Allen, Conyers and racist Watson and many many others, the City is doomed.

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1453
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amazing...

p.s. Rel, that story's in the News.

Umbound
Username: Umbound

Post Number: 33
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah unfortunately, the only good thing this city is for with those people running it is to make money off of and then take your money to the burbs which is what almost all people do who work in the city anyway, I agree with Buyamerican because i know this first hand.

Deteamster
Username: Deteamster

Post Number: 71
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This woman is pathological. The city clownsil is a bag of mixed nuts, but she is especially given to these outbursts.
She serves no purpose. JK married her because she's a piece of ass twenty years his younger. As far as I can tell, she's just some hood rat with a serious attitude. I won't be voting for her, of course, but she'll keep getting elected because of her NAME.

Whittier70

Post Number: 19
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you know how at the end of the show dirty jobs mike row says to give him ideas for an episode on dirty jobs.............

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 1175
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 8:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think an anger management class is in order for her.

Why do Detroiter's keep electing these losers.

Buyamerican

Post Number: 390
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 9:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The thing that amazes me the most is that all of the outbursts, all of the threats to shoot someone, get family to beat them up, call people racists when, in fact, they are the biggest of them all; they have no fear of reprecussion. They are all in a public forum, newspaper reporters, cameras, the public are all there to witness this kind of behavior and they have absolutely no dignity and show by their actions that they have no fear of what may be considered illegal. They have no consideration for other peoples feelings, and most of all....no respect for others or each other. They are what represents the City of Detroit to the State and the world...what a shame and what an embarrassment.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 5102
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 9:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please toss these people out on their keisters.

Chuckles
Username: Chuckles

Post Number: 177
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ghettofabulous describes it all.....

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 424
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the FreeP article quotes Sam Riddle as saying that she said "my gun is bigger than your gun, my husband."

now could she have said that...I bet she probably did. NOT DEFENDING HER - but they are definitely messing with her because she has been outspoken (and Sam) against the mayor lately.

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 2134
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 9:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Monica "Have Gun Will Travel" Conyers. The new Paladin.
Richard Boone, eat your heart out. You have been replaced.

Rel

Post Number: 99
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 9:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the correction, Pffft.

After Congressman Conyers' legacy of civil rights, it'd be a dang shame if she inherited his congressional seat because of her name. I don't agree with Mr. Conyers on every issue, but he is a decent man who has served his district well.

Whittier70, thanks for the hilarious pic, but I believe this one also belongs to Mrs. Conyers:

Clownie

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 5105
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 587
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It would be nice to get some classy and competent people on the council instead of "colorful" blowhards who demand attention like little kids.

Buyamerican

Post Number: 391
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^ ^ ^

You can punish little kids when they act up or act out by putting them in time out. These council members should be held to higher standards and they are not being made accountable for ANY of their actions. There should be sanctions that members suffer when they act worse than kids. Some are buffoons who need to look in the mirror and decide what they want to be when they grow up.

Detroitpetanque
Username: Detroitpetanque

Post Number: 55
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love how the use of the word "gun" has converted from that of the "bang bang" variety into a homograph of gun of the political kind.

Perhaps she was just giving a grammar lesson! Maybe when she says something like (for example): I'm going to rip your head off and shove it up your ass" really means: "Hey, let's go get some coffee!"

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 592
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No wonder they have migraines , when they sit on their heads all day.

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 233
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^I have never laughed so hard from reading something on here before. You got me in trouble with my project manager. Thank you

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1440
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dammit... when will we get some respectable leadership in the city?

Gnome

Post Number: 741
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For those interested, you can always write hubby and tell him how you feel.

john.conyers@mail.house.gov

Detroit
Phone: (313) 961-5670
Fax: (313) 226-2085
Address:
231 W. Lafayette Blvd., 669 Fed. Bldg.
Detroit, MI 48226

Trenton
Phone: (734) 675-4084
Fax: (734) 675-4218
Address:
2615 W. Jefferson
Trenton, MI 48183

Lefty2

Post Number: 1178
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just show them how you feel at the next election.

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1454
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Conyers story made the Drudge Report today ...then again, so did the "Detroit Home Sales Up" story. "Detroit" is italicized, as if to say, "Whaaat?"

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 2139
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am no great admirer /champion of John Conyers, but I don't see any reason bothering him about his wife's temper. Not his fault.
Remember, he vowed "For better or for worse", and he got the latter. Who knows, she might be Mayor of the City some day.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 3875
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This makes me so proud to be from Detroit!!

Whittier70

Post Number: 20
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

8ball & MJG need monica conyers on their album cover. she's more gangsta than them!!

(Message edited by whittier70 on February 15, 2008)

(Message edited by whittier70 on February 15, 2008)

Terryh
Username: Terryh

Post Number: 684
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We live in an adolescent society.

Whittier70

Post Number: 26
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 2:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

next thing you know she's gonna get pulled over for speeding and she's gonna say to the cop -
DO YOU KNOW WHO THE F!*# I AM!!

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 181
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 2:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The_rock said: "Who knows, she might be Mayor of the City some day."

*vomits profusely*

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 864
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 7:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After awhile its just sad. Nothing but problem after problem. I'm just tired of this whole deal. And on top of that, some of the people complaining about him voted for him TWICE!

Conman
Username: Conman

Post Number: 51
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who do you think would win a fight, Monica Conyers or Sharon McPhail?

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 1584
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Definitely Sharon. She's a crazy b****. However, Monica has her beat when it comes to size.

Better yet, who would win in a fight between Watson and Rose-Collins?

(Message edited by detroitrise on February 16, 2008)

Detx

Post Number: 99
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flush the clowncil down the toilet!

Rel

Post Number: 130
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Conman,

My money would be on Sharon McPhail. We could bill them in a Jello-fight and raise money for the Detroit Historical Museum or THAW!

Gnome

Post Number: 756
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My bet is on ConZilla

conzilla

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 104
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys need to stop. It's starting to look like the Free Press forum in here.

Markopolo
Username: Markopolo

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The woman is nuts. She was crazy in high school (and probably before that, too). But she was the second highest vote-getter when she ran for council, which tells me something about Detroit voters. They didn’t know her from Adams house cat, but her last name was Conyers and that was enough for my city’s enlightened voters. And as old as her husband is her next move will be to Congress. Watch and see.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1149
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No wonder Sam Riddle quit as her top aide.

Lefty2

Post Number: 1271
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 1:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My name is Lefty Conyers and I am running for City Council. Please vote for me.

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 592
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 1:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh yeah? I'm Digitalvision Young Kilpatrick Conyers Cavanaugh Ficano Pingree, and I'll cap you, if you're in my way to my ordained place on the council, Lefty!

(Had to give some love to Pingree. No name recognition with the current voters but what the hell).

Rel

Post Number: 251
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

King of the Potato Patch, Digitalvision. A well-deserved shout-out.

Wow, with a name like that, how can you lose?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.