Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Tatum Eason dies « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jazzylinn
Username: Jazzylinn

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry to hear that Tatum Eason died.

First saw him on WHPR's TV33 about 4 or 5 years ago. His show's opening theme song was Jimmy Smith's Walk On The Wild Side.

Got a chance to talk to him off the air via HT Tyler from TV88.

Tatum loved Detroit and had no problem sharing his opinions. During our brief conversation I learned more about him, he even invited me to have a lunch date with him so thet he could share more of •••••••••••••••• with me for I am from the Generation X era.

Enjoyed listening to his radio program on 1400AM WDTK.

Also, noticed he was on Fox2News contributing as their Political Analyst.

View a little about his passing on http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/my fox/pages/Home/Detail;jsession id=1DE27630271E86A799 66F78ECD25A411?contentId=56105 05&version=1&locale=EN-US&layo utCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg= 1

Sending my condolences to his family. We will miss him.

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 529
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jazzylinn...
I also am saddened by Tatum Eason's passing and thought I would read more about him. I enjoyed listening to his point of view and local analysis on the radio and it struck me that he would have enjoyed the give and take of talk radio during these last few "Kwame" weeks.

Jazzylinn

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey 65memories,
Thanks for responding to the post.
Didn't think too many people knew who he was.
When did you first hear of him?

First I saw him on WHPR's TV33 and TV71.

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 531
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I first remember him from TV33 and 88.1. It was interesting to me that whenever he was on TV or in the public, he always was well-dressed in a suit and tie. I saw him at a number of school board meetings and enjoyed his take on those sessions.

Masterblaster
Username: Masterblaster

Post Number: 129
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Up until a few months ago, he had a 1-hour radio program on 1400 AM, which is is right-wing, conservative talk radio station with hosts like William Bennett, Laura Ingraham, and Michael Savage. His views COMPLETELY clashed with the conservative sentiment/theme of that newstalk station!

I always enjoyed his show, and would go out of my way to listen to it at 9 pm. He was an ardent supporter of DPS, believing that it puts out much more great students than what most people believe. I REALLY would have loved to hear his opinion on the Mayor's scandal. May he rest in peace.

Bc_n_dtown
Username: Bc_n_dtown

Post Number: 53
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 6:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I too was saddened by the death of Tatum Eason. I first ran across him on the radio dial during the mid-90's on talk-radio WCHB 1200AM, during their John Arnold, Joann Watson and Alan Tumpkin era. Eason was hosting a Saturday morning talk show back then, and was sometimes used to fill-in at other times when the regular host was off. He later moved to WHPR radio after most of the former 'CHB hosts moved over there. He later had his own weekday radio/TV talk show on WHPR. I really enjoyed listening to his viewpoints on local and national politics. I know he would have loved commenting on the Obama candidacy and the Kilpartick scandal. He will be missed. I'm sorry I never got to listen to his 1400 radio program, since working midnights doesn't work well with that 9PM time-slot they had him on.

Jazzylinn

Post Number: 14
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another website that mentions Tatum Eason

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20080131/NEWS08/ 801310357/1010/NEWS08

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.