Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Worst Coney Islands « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tarkus
Username: Tarkus

Post Number: 451
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 8:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now that we have another who has the best coney thread going, how about who has the worst coney.
Dulys gets my vote as the worst. Their dogs are skinless and boiled.

Hardhat
Username: Hardhat

Post Number: 222
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 8:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Skinless and boiled... and delectable!

Chuckles
Username: Chuckles

Post Number: 165
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I never met a Coney I didn't like

Goldensunshine
Username: Goldensunshine

Post Number: 65
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Quality of Kirby's @ Fairlane went down when they moved from their sitdown restaurant, into the Food Court back in 2000

The dude that used to gut the lamb meat off of that shank for the gyros was very flirtatious LOL

Goldensunshine
Username: Goldensunshine

Post Number: 66
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoops . . .CUT the meat, not gut the meat my bad

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 387
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 10:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Red Hot Coney in Highland Park off Victor isnt too good, dogs real skinny, chili not good

Publicmsu
Username: Publicmsu

Post Number: 710
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd say that the majority of Kerby's Coney Islands are worth avoiding. There's plenty of other choices, and no need to spend your money at this place. Very bland and overpriced!

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1858
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hrm, is THE CLOCK in Hamtramck considered a Coney? Maybe not. It's more of a "diner" type place. But it's the diner of last resort... only because it's open all night in a place where everything shuts down.

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you're probably safe to say that any Coney on 7 mile is pretty scary

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 1558
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"you're probably safe to say that any Coney on 7 mile is pretty scary"

funnay, I felt the same way about coneys in the outskirt neighborhoods of Downtown.

Umstucoach
Username: Umstucoach

Post Number: 156
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If they use a Dearborn or a Koegel's dog then its pretty hard to mess up a Coney.

Peter
Username: Peter

Post Number: 127
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spanga's is gross. Their only asset is that they are open 24 hours a day.

Guideboat
Username: Guideboat

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Power's, at the intersection of Southfield and Outer Drive, has to be the worst I have ever had. The coney sauce was forgettable and the dogs themselves were like tofu combined with breadcrumbs. No substance at all. I had to put the whole experience out of my mind just to keep the food down.

Zimm
Username: Zimm

Post Number: 45
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

National. the food is always a letdown, and the folks who frequent the place give it a Wal-Mart feel.

Alfie1a
Username: Alfie1a

Post Number: 26
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A+W Berkley must be somewhere in the rankings of worse.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.