Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Anyone from Pershing High? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Drifterlee
Username: Drifterlee

Post Number: 28
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 4:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I graduated from Pershing High School in 1969. I was wondering if anyone here went there during or near that time and remember the teachers and so on. Just a trip down memory lane.

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 363
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Drifterlee...Always good to hear from the Doughboy Alumni Club. I am a Mackenzie graduate and enjoy reading about all Detroit schools; Pershing (as you know) has a great athletic tradition.

One of the lesser known Doughboy Stories:

Just before you enrolled, there was a swimmer by the name of Pete Adams who transferred out of Pershing during his senior year - a millage increase had failed, Detroit Public Schools dropped swimming and diving.

Anyhoo.....

Adams ended up in Royal Oak, an All-State Performer.

Carptrash
Username: Carptrash

Post Number: 1585
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Probably not exactly what you had in mind but Parducci did at least one of the entrances there in . . . 1929, ( amazing bit of deduction). eeeeeeeeek

Pershing HS

Drifterlee
Username: Drifterlee

Post Number: 29
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 3:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks! I remember sneaking out those doors many times, LOL! Spencer Haywood was a senior when I was a freshman or had just graduated. So long ago. Scary.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.