Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » GP Cook School House Clock « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Aluminum
Username: Aluminum

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know what happened to the clock that was in front of the Cook School House on Mack Ave? When the building was put up for sale, the clock was taken down. When the lot was sold (for another bank) the school was moved without the clock to city property. Just wondering where the old GP Woods landmark is now.

Skylark
Username: Skylark

Post Number: 22
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The school house has been moved to the rear of the parking lot at Grosse Pointe Woods City Hall. I hear it's been renovated and now painted red. Check it out.

Harsensis
Username: Harsensis

Post Number: 324
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think the clock was original to the school. A few years before the school was donated to the city the clock was packed up and put into storage. When I heard that I doubted that we would ever see it again. I don't know where it is now.

Swgz31
Username: Swgz31

Post Number: 56
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The clock was taken down a few years before the schoolhouse was moved. Schoolhouse was being renovated over the summer, I don't know if it's complete though. I stopped working for the city in August and haven't really been back in town since, but from what I saw this summer it will look real good when completed.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.