Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » New Book Cadillac photos and video « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Hooligan
Username: Hooligan

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://multimedia.detnews.com/ pix/photogalleries/newsgallery /02082008bookcall/index.htm

http://info.detnews.com/video/ index.cfm?id=1897

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 608
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amazing!

When you look down at the Fort Shelby Hotel and see it lit up like that.......Just brings a tear to my eye.

Welcome back boys!

Wish we could have save the Madison and Statler too

<313>

Tarkus
Username: Tarkus

Post Number: 449
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't let the scrappers see these pics, they'll be up to grab it in a heartbeat.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1039
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wow. What great pics Hooligan. I was up on the roof in the fall, progress is being made.
Welcome to the forum

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2305
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It makes me content to see that there are still real architectural craftsmen out there. It's nice when architecture is created from genuine materials and methods as opposed to the standard of many look-a-likes today. I don't care whether you 'style' is modern with glass and steel, or classical--just keep it real and honest. Those could more easily have been replaced with plastic replicas and spray painted with a copper looking finish; it's an honor to that building that they were not!

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 2503
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Isnt the old Cornice and Slate building where Metro Times is now ?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.