Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Happy's Pizza « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Waz
Username: Waz

Post Number: 262
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I’ve been seeing new franchises of this chain pop up a lot lately. Their website says they’ve been around since 1994, but I never saw them until recently. Does anyone know where they started? Most importantly, how’s the food?

http://www.eathappyspizza.com/ index2.php

Qdaddy77
Username: Qdaddy77

Post Number: 83
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the Four Tops love Happy's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5NWpmTEFLAg

and so does Kevin Jones...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XLBcks9iIF4

Chris_rohn
Username: Chris_rohn

Post Number: 402
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The pizza is average, but I'm most impressed with how they have been able to get the neon window treatment everywhere they open a shop, even in West Bloomfield.

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 1059
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I actually like happys plus they always have a large menu full of tons of different items.

Umbound
Username: Umbound

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The owner of Happy's Pizza, Slekhow Asker, is my dad's friend and he has a lot of connections everywhere so of course he is going to open in WB. But i am a fan Dominoes Pizza myself. yum

Steelworker
Username: Steelworker

Post Number: 1060
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what kinda name is SLEKHOW???

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 11531
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Umbound,

Welcome to the forum.

I've only been to the Jefferson location, and every time the employees have been friendly, efficient, and more than thorough...and the food has been very good.

Never a disappointment.

I've had more hilarious conversations with Detroit's finest in their lobby at odd hours than any other joint downtown...really a good vibe in there.

Bdglsmn
Username: Bdglsmn

Post Number: 7
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only one that I have been to is on Southfield Road and 696. When I first started going there the food was great every time. However, my last 3 or 4 times there have not been "Happy" at all. I've ordered wings twice and they were way overcooked. I've ordered fried shrimp and they were mushy. The last time, which was 3 weeks ago, I ordered a small order of wings. I was told that it would be 7-8 minutes. After 22 minutes I gave up and asked for my money back. The people behind the counter were just laughing and talking... they forgot to drop my wings! Now I say all of this not because I'm giving up on the place (hopefully they will get their act together) because it's a nice, clean place with a great menu and it's close to home. Probably could use new management though.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 4415
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's great pizza. So happy they're on S. Main in A2.

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 921
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Only complaint is that you'll be tasting the sauce long after the pizza is gone.

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 727
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

maybe that's because you dribbled some on your moustache! (just kidding)

Alfie1a
Username: Alfie1a

Post Number: 18
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

not sure, but i think the first Happy's location is the one at 7 Mile and Evergreen. Ordered from their several times and it was always decent pizza. Last year they opened a store at 7 Mile and Grand River and i found it to be disappointing.

Ghetto_butterfly
Username: Ghetto_butterfly

Post Number: 786
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got food from Happy's on E. Jefferson once - never again. Long waiting time, horrible food, and worst of all, I had my out-of-country friend and daughter (from Europe) with me for a first impression of true American Take-out food. Not to be recommended.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 1105
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I used to work for Domino's, great ZA. BUT when I worked there the managers screwed me over as a driver while in college and I swore I would never but it again, Never Have! My old 5th grade teachers daughter married T.M and took a field trip to their first store. Don't matter.
I buy Jet's Pizza now because it is the best bang for the buck/

Wolverine
Username: Wolverine

Post Number: 418
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 1:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know a lot of people are hooked on Happy's ever since they opened in A2. Their pizza is pretty good, but their wings are excellent compared to the average stuff you'd get at other area establishments such as Buffalo Wild Wings. They are also probably the only establishment in A2 where you can also order a pound of shrimp.

Their popularity is starting to show and they've seen a bit overwhelmed with orders the last couple of times I've been there.

I heard a couple rumors they were considering opening locations in Chicago. I really hope that's true, but they were only rumors.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 1106
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 1:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll give them an order of wings next chance i get.
and a pizza too,

Umbound
Username: Umbound

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 2:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To answer Steelworkers Q it is a Chaldean name, im chaldean and i see him a lot at Shenandoah, his stuff OK but there ribs are great though mmmm...

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 474
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 3:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Domino's

(barf)

Wishiniwasnthed
Username: Wishiniwasnthed

Post Number: 40
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They are about to open a new location here in Toledo. When I lived in Detroit, I was introduced to the place. I can't wait until they open. Hopefully, it's just as good.

Sticks
Username: Sticks

Post Number: 363
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I first saw one a year or two ago and thought it was the oddest thing as there was a small-budget movie made about pizza delivery drivers called Drivers Wanted. The funniest, and best played character, in the movie was named Happy. Coincidence? Who knows.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 3453
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've never had a problem with their food or service, but their prices seem high.

Renfirst
Username: Renfirst

Post Number: 177
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have to say that the West Bloomfield location is great. It makes me feel like I'm back in A2 again... the ability to get a pizza at 3am on a Friday night is a great thing...

I wonder if they're giving Pizza House a run for their money... ummm Pizza House... now that's some good pizza...

Now if we can only get Buddy's to deliver that late!

Thegryphon
Username: Thegryphon

Post Number: 38
Posted on Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try Cheesy Luigi's Pizza. New franchise For all those north of Pontiac, there is one on m-59 in Waterford, and there is talk of a 2nd location in Troy. Good prices and the pizza.... Try Double Trouble!

Goldensunshine
Username: Goldensunshine

Post Number: 67
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I usually don't do the "other food" at pizza joints, because everything other than the pizza usually sucks . . .but the Happy's near my house when I lived in the D (I think it was 6 mile & Meyers - near DePorres high school), had GREAT fish dinners . . . LOVE LOVE LOVE the fried shrimp.

The Happy's I regularly visited were the 6 mile location mentioned above, the 7 mile & evergreen location, and the one on Southfield Road & 696

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.