Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Help on Friday downtown « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sbradke
Username: Sbradke

Post Number: 47
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Next Friday evening 12 or so of us (40 - 50 year olds)are planning to go to the DIA for Friday Night Live and then get a late dinner and maybe catch some music. I was thinking Vicente's for dinner around 9 and then Cliff Bell's but I've never been there. Will it be crowded? I couldn't find anything on the web site about a cover charge. Anyone help with that? I'm open to other suggestions too. Thanks!
Sarah

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 920
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 1:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That sounds like a great evening. You may also enjoy Centaur on Park Ave. I have only been there a couple times, but it is a very nice upscale establishment.

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 2246
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vicente's is usually busy on Friday nights, you will definitely need a reservation.

Cliff Bell's may be a little crowded but I've never been there when it was too crowded to move. You will probably not be able to get a table, but it's very fun. There will be a cover charge, expect $5 - $7 depending on the act.

Sbradke

Post Number: 48
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks. Does Vicente's have music on Friday nights?

Dialh4hipster
Username: Dialh4hipster

Post Number: 2247
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe they have salsa dancing or something, but not live music. It's supposed to be quite fun.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 11462
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Late. They were setting up when we were eating this past week on Saturday.

Do get reservations, though.

One of our fellow travellers from the forum works there, if you're going to tip well...ask for Matt!

VERY occasionally they have national acts with a cover of $15 or 20, but every time I've ponied up it has been WELL worth it...but the music has never been poor at Cliff Bell's.

Drop in next door and give Jerry at the Park a round or two of business, too.

Cheers!

Texorama
Username: Texorama

Post Number: 154
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think Vicente's does have live music on Fridays. They certainly used to, and I was in there yesterday and saw the big drums still set up on the stage. You definitely need a reservation.

Mikie
Username: Mikie

Post Number: 127
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's a link to the scheduled performances at Cliff Bells, it will also list the cover charge for the evening.

http://www.cliffbells.com/inde x.html

Sbradke

Post Number: 49
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, you guys are great! I'll make reservations for dinner. I hope we make it over to Cliff Bell's as I've never been there but hear such great things about it.

Sarah

Rugbyman
Username: Rugbyman

Post Number: 223
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You'll have a blast at Cliff's. Make a point to get over there- you won't regret it.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.