Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Busch JR High Centerline « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rocketwhit
Username: Rocketwhit

Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone attend in late 70's

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 1432
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a photo of Busch Junior High School, taken in what looks to have been the middle 1960's (which was around the time that my future wife attended that school). It was located on the north side of Ten Mile Road between Liberal and Sherwood, in Center Line.

Busch Junior High School

The original portion of that building was built in 1922 and it was named after Louis Busch, whose farm was adjacent to the school property and who served on the School Board from 1914 until his death in 1948. An addition was built onto the school in 1928 that included a gymnasium. Busch High School gained accreditation in 1929 and served the students of the community until the new Center Line HS opened in 1954, at which time the Busch School became a Junior High. A modern addition was constructed in 1957 and I believe Busch JH was closed sometime in the mid 1980's (I can't find a date for its closing) and torn down a few years after that.

Rocketwhit

Post Number: 27
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2008 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KILLER PHOTO I WENT TO BUSCH IN 77-79 IN 78 WE HAD A GREAT FOOT BALL TEAM UNDEFEATED UNSCORED ON NOT TO BRAG TO MUCH THE ONLY TIME I LEFT THE FIELD WAS WHEN WE KICKED OFF. I PLAYED R HALFBACK ON OFFENCE SAFTEY ON DEF AND RAN BACK KICKOFF'S AND PUNT RETURNS HATS OFF MR SOMMORIVA AND A GREAT BAND TEACHER TONY DI'MARIA A CLASS ACT ALSO PRINCABLE BATCH

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 2482
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW

why you yelling ?

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6538
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

---> . and/or ,

Marcnbyr
Username: Marcnbyr

Post Number: 686
Posted on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow...bragging about a Jr. High football team.

Rocketwhit

Post Number: 30
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

please forgive me didnt catch the caps lock sorry rocketwhit . i hope looking in the past has not offended you not my intention

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.