Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Is the Ellington even occupied? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 3379
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Every evening I drive by and it's COMPLETELY dark...not one light on in any of the residential units...

I know that a few people here know someone who knows someone who supposedly lives there, but I have to say it sure doesn't look like its occupied from the street level...

what's the deal?

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1420
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've seen quite a few of the tennants in there over the months. It's not completely occupied, but it seems like a good fraction of the units are.

Hudkina
Username: Hudkina

Post Number: 116
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe they're all out enjoying the many reasons they decided to move downtown.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 3685
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought it was empty, never any lights on

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 911
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was trying to get information about the place, as it was near the top of my list before my recent move. I made 3 calls, left 3 messages, and ended up getting 0 calls back. I was extremely disappointed.

Dan
Username: Dan

Post Number: 1494
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They had a sign that said “Open House every Saturday” so I showed up one Saturday last summer to check the place out. I got to the door and it was locked, but there was a couple standing in the lobby, they let me in, and informed me that they had been waiting 45 minutes for someone to come down from the sales office. We chatted for a few minutes and they because frustrated and left. I called the number on the sign and a woman answered the phone and told me to go to the sales office on the 8th floor ( mind you there are only 5 floors) when I got in the elevator and realized this, and called back, the woman said we was not on site (I think she said she was in Royal Oak) and that she was mistaken there was no sales person onsite that day. She took my number and said someone would call me back………No one ever did.

I found the whole thing odd.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 4887
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man, that's some salesmanship there. Shocking the place isn't filled to maximum capacity.

Lo_to_d
Username: Lo_to_d

Post Number: 50
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are 26 units occupied. The look from the outside is deceiving because of integral blinds that block most light. The existing sales team is terrible!... and the developer is focused more on projects in Florida.
Contact a Detroit realtor if you are interested in seeing any units. I have heard many stories of people trying to view the property with no luck. This is the problem when you have a sales team that lives in the far suburbs. They blame it all on the market when really they are half the problem.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.