Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Patterson Terrace is on Fire « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bpjeff
Username: Bpjeff

Post Number: 89
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

4 DFD trucks are currently putting out a blaze in the North Brush Park building. It looks like it started in the east end of the building.

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 731
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I smelled something when I was at the eastern market that must have been what it was. With the wind so powerful today I couldn't tell exactly where it was coming from but knew it was across towards downtown.

(Message edited by urbanoutdoors on January 30, 2008)

Paulc
Username: Paulc

Post Number: 168
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I missed the word "Terrace" during a quick glance. Thought that L. Brooks was on fire. LOL. :-)

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1839
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too bad. It's a nice old building at the baddest old corner in town.

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 732
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

we could only wish Paulc!

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 3714
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was the fire stopped in time to save the building? There aren't many old Detroit rowhouses like that left.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2282
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.flickr.com/search/? q=Patterson+Terrace+detroit

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 10081
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is too bad, tehy were occupied only a few years ago.
Maybe now the city will step up and make sure squatters aren't staying in there. They might also want to finally enforce that landowners shutter their buildings accordingly.

Bpjeff
Username: Bpjeff

Post Number: 90
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It looks like the DPD limited the damage to the far east end of the building. What remains does not appear any worse then the pictures in the link from Charlottepaul.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1842
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice. Glad it could still be saved. It reminds me of the Charles on Second Avenue, although that side of town has had better times.

Bethip
Username: Bethip

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The far east end of the building was still occupied, at least through this Christmas. I work in the area and like to drive through B. Pk. on my lunch and watch the changes.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.