Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Detroit Crime Studies « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jonnyfive
Username: Jonnyfive

Post Number: 99
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I distinctly remember two different downtown crime studies coming out in the last few years. One of those was the "reality v. perception" CBD study commissioned by the visitors bureau. That one is easy to locate all over the web. However, I remember there being another study that used the phrase "Greater Downtown Area" or something to that effect and included a study area from Belle Isle to the Bridge and the River to New Center. I believe it was also a Wayne State study, maybe not. Does anybody know the study I am referring to and where I can locate a copy of it online?

Thanks.

Zug
Username: Zug

Post Number: 182
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't have an answer to your question. However, I would like to add a question of my own: Does anyone know Detroit's 2007 murder count? I guess I want to know whether there was a significant change (positive or negative) from previous years.

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 685
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lower than previous years... around 400...

Tayshaun22
Username: Tayshaun22

Post Number: 401
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have they accounted for any of those bodies up in the vacants?

Monahan568
Username: Monahan568

Post Number: 264
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^no, and they never will...

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2263
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This one?

http://downtownpartnership.org /ddp/newsroom/Downtown_Detroit _in_Focus.pdf

Jonnyfive

Post Number: 103
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unfortunately no. It uses the same/similar geographic area but there is no crime data in there. I got excited for a second.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7015
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crime in Detroit may be down but it is still BROTHERS KILLING BROTHERS in the ghetto.

Spidergirl
Username: Spidergirl

Post Number: 329
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.tedconline.com/stud ies--reports-56/

Jonnyfive

Post Number: 104
Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As I mentioned, the "reality vs. perceptions" study is relatively easy to locate, it's this mystery "other" study I seem to remember and can't locate. Still wondering if anybody can confirm this memory or not...

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 1013
Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It can be safely assumed that the area you ask about is probably 20-40% of crime in Detroit, the DPD has statistics.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.