Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Harbor House on Clinton « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Taj920
Username: Taj920

Post Number: 276
Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw a new restaurant where Cock & Bull was called Harbor House. Anyone know if it is the same Harbor House chain that is on Groesbeck that serves all you can eat seafood?

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 1410
Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just hope so!!

Thedeadofnight
Username: Thedeadofnight

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, it is the same owners as the Harbor House on Groesbeck, but the new location will not offer "All You Can Eat". My boss is friends with the owner of the Harbor House and they buy their bread from our bakery-cafe in Detroit.

Fury13
Username: Fury13

Post Number: 3594
Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ate at that Harbor House on Groesbeck once, and it was just plain awful. The seafood was tasteless and stale (probably from being kept too long in steam tables or under heat lamps), the place was noisy, and they herded the customers through like cattle. Oh yeah, it's cheap... and for good reason. You get what you pay for; it's the K-Mart of seafood restaurants.

But if you like quantity over quality, by all means, go for it.

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 281
Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YES, TERRIBLE, I WASNT IMPRESSED EITHER!

Craig
Username: Craig

Post Number: 642
Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your east side Harbor House dosn't sound anything like the one that we had on Telegraph. Nope, not at all, except for the crappy food, low price, and non-ambience.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.