Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Who went to Tiger Fest? What are your thoughts? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Scs_scooter
Username: Scs_scooter

Post Number: 38
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 8:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We went to Tiger Fest yesterday at the CoPa and waited in two lines for almost 2 hours in each for autographs. First impressions...Carlos Guillen thought he was a rock star and acted like he didn't even want to be there. Totally ignored our well wishes for a healthy and championship team this year.(we weren't the only ones ignored) Lighten up Carlos, the hundreds of folks waiting in line wearing your jersey, pay your salary. However on another note, Nate Robertson and Bobby Seay were personable, approachable and interacted with those in line that waited forever for a signature. You should have seen the Al Champ ring that Bobby was wearing! Beautiful! I still love my Tigers!

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1776
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 9:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Magglio was really nice at the main stage panel as was Granderson and Minor. Jim Price was nice as was the guy who does the p.a. Some of the fans were a bit pushy i thought. I didn't wait in line for autographs because i'm not real interested in that. otherwise it was good for free tix

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1005
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw Cabrera's picture in the paper this morning. I didn't get a chance to read Rosenberg's column yet, but Cabrera really looks like he's slimmed down quite a bit.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=SPORTS&template=front

(Message edited by rjk on January 13, 2008)

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 4336
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 10:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Overall impressions of the event should have been a bit better. It was about 40 degrees yesterday; I believe it was under 20 for last year's.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4455
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So did Nate give you any 'rally gum' SCS Scooter?

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1777
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the weather was great

Lafontaine
Username: Lafontaine

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I worked there yesterday. Said hello to Dave Dombrowski, Granderson, Jacque Jones, Bonderman, Renteria, John Hiller from '68 Tigers. Also saw Lolich, Verlander, Polanco, Ordonez, Minor, Todd Jones, Dontrelle Willis, Thames, Seay.

Kenny Rogers was really great. He was heading to an autograph section. Some fans were there and he knelt down to talk to some little ones and posed for pictures. The fans weren't supposed to be asking for autographs, but how could I say go away?

Didn't see Guillen, but all of the Tigers I saw were very polite with the fans. Seemed like they were enjoying themselves.

Dds
Username: Dds

Post Number: 511
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I haven't been to Tiger Fest since it was held in Frankenmuth.

Waz
Username: Waz

Post Number: 241
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't wait for two hours in line for ANYONE'S autograph. The only time I'm interested in an autograph is if it's on a check to me.

Scs_scooter
Username: Scs_scooter

Post Number: 39
Posted on Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lowell, no rally gum from Nate. Saving it for the season! Waz, I didn't think we would have to wait that long either. The line didn't look that long until you wound around the tents and saw another 12 rows of people already ahead of you. By then, you've already spent some significant time in line and hated to leave. Wouldn't do it again-no way! I don't care how cute Pudge is! I'd be happy to trade one Carlos autograph for a Pudge...any takers?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.